Underrail, formerly known as Timelapse Vertigo

Very nice! All the best with the development and looking forward to your next update!

Combat Gloves

As promised I've added a new combat option to the game for people who want to focus on brawling in form of combat gloves.

GloveCrafting.PNG

Combat gloves can be crafting from leather or metal. The type of material used will determine the AP cost / damage payload, while the quality will determine the overall damage. You can also attach spikes, blades or more metal plating which will add extra damage in different ways.

Gloves can also have power modules, which will drain energy while performing a special on hit effect. The two modules currently available are electroshock generator (which functions in the same manner as when attached to a sledgehammer) and pneumatic hammer which, when combined with heavy punch or similar feats, can dish out quite a bit of burst damage.

When it comes to unarmed feat bonuses, some will transfer to fist weapons, while others won't. I think that currently going for gloves as opposed to pure unarmed will always be better, but I plan to change that in the future by adding more stuff for the pure martial artist type of character through feats and psi. Gloves/fist weapons should not make the pure unarmed obsolete, but rather provide an alternative path and also allow unarmed characters to overcome some of their big weaknesses such as lack of AoE and burst damage.

Other minor changes:
  • Added more lens types for goggles (+crit chance, +special attack damage, +detection)
  • Damage from spikes and blades from boots and armor should now apply on special attacks
  • Reduced the damage of electrokinesis (it will still do more damage than pyrokinesis against smaller number of targets, but less single target damage other single target nukes)
  • Changed the way shock sledgehammer is made, will now require a power core
  • Junkyard surprise nerfed (+1/2 to a stat, -1/2 to a stat) and made consumable on use
  • Repairing broken equipment while worn or getting the worn equipment broken will now always correctly update armor and special effects penalties
  • Fixed bunch of spelling errors[/li]

Next I have one more item to add and bunch of AI stuff to do before I can release this version.

Hey Styg, Congrats......

As i see your game recommended all around i was wonderíng:

I want to preorder it, as i heard you get money for the preorders from gamersgate or desura..... so usually i tend to order games at gamersgate, however i heard that developers get more money from desura...

So. which platform is more suited to supporting your awesome game... ?

Cheers,
L.

Hey Styg, Congrats……

As i see your game recommended all around i was wonderíng:

I want to preorder it, as i heard you get money for the preorders from gamersgate or desura….. so usually i tend to order games at gamersgate, however i heard that developers get more money from desura…

So. which platform is more suited to supporting your awesome game… ?

Cheers,
L.

You should just go for whatever site you prefer. That said, Desura does give me greater percentage if you go to it by following the link on my website (www.underrail.com).

Thanks for your support. :)

Version 0.1.9.0 released; also Greenlit!

The long overdue update is finally ready. Also, in other news the game got greenlit for Steam distribution!

Brawling.jpg

Okay let's cover the update first. It's currently up on Desura and GamersGate (soon to be available on Groupees website as well). Here's the list of what I've done since the last dev log, also be sure to also check out the previous three dev logs for other stuff that's new in this version.

• Added TNT explosive charge that can be used to clear rocks. Many passages still don't lead anywhere even if you clear them just so you know though
  • Did bunch of AI work, enemies can now do the following
    • Use more special attacks: kneecap shot, pummel, crippling strike, execute, heavy punch, dirty kick
    • Use "yell" special ability
    • Use more drugs: adrenaline, morphine
    • Throw grenades: frag, HE and flashbang
    • Use more special bolts: acid, shock, incendiary
    • Use offensive and utility psi abilities
    • Kite their target (like psi beetles do)
Here's a summary of what I focused on in this update: I've added a bunch of areas to Lower Underrail (the place where the SGS metro station is). These are just "wilderness" areas right now so there are any new quests, but monsters to fight, traps to step, loot to collect and that sort of stuff. I also add a number of items and blueprints (gloves, riot armor) which should give you more options in building your character, as well as improved the arsenal and the AI of the existing enemies.

In the next couple of weeks I'll mostly focus on Steam integration and fixing some technical issues with the game before I move back to building content.

Which brings us to other topic of this dev log. So the game has finally been greenlit. It's been up there just two days short of a whole year which is longer than I've hoped, but shorter than I feared. I want to send out a sincere thank you to everyone who voted for the game and helped spread the word. With the Steam distribution secured, the future of the game is looking brighter than ever. :)

Anyway, to answer the questions that a lot of you have been asking me:

• I am aiming to release the game for Early Access on Steam. When exactly - I don't know. It depends on how long it will take me to integrate it and what the rest of release process is like. What I can say for sure is that this will be my priority in the coming weeks.
  • If you've purchased the game through Desura I would very much like to give you a Steam key as well, but I'm not 100% sure what the rule on this are and I'll have to consult both distributors involved before I can commit to anything. Please be patient and I'll let you guys know as soon as possible. Same goes for those that purchased the game through the Groupees bundle.

Steam Achievements

In the last two weeks I've been working on Steam integration, primarily implementing the achievements.

SteamAchievements.jpg

There will be 50 of them initially, but I plan to keep on adding more bit by bit with each future update. A lot of them are your usual "do something X times", but there are a number of more interesting ones and I'll also be focusing on those more in the future. Kinda wanted to get the basics done first. For those of you who are interested in Steam trading cards, I do hope to implement those at a later stage, once the character and creatures portraits are done and I have more graphical assets to work with as those require a lot.

In other news, I've also fixed a couple of bugs (along with some spelling errors, per usual):
  • TNT blueprint will no longer consume excess components
  • Tungsten steel boots icons added
  • New lens types will now be correctly generated with quality (all the current ones in the game are base quality; I'm sorry about that, but hey, at least their crafting requirements are low :p)
  • Crafting window will now remember what blueprint you had selected when you last closed it
Next I need to take care of some technical stuff and finish Steam release preparations. I'll let you guys know when it's coming out as soon as I have a confirmed date.

Congrats for being on Steam and thanks for giving us (applies for Desura at least) Steam keys. First comments on Steam are surprisingly good and curious.

Back
Top Bottom