Gothic 3 Yea finally have the access to Ishtar!

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor
I finally entered the city of Ishtar. There is no turning back anymore. This has maybe something to do with g1 and g2, but I really felt bad killing vatras and saturas, since water mages has been my favourite faction throughout the series. However its great that they made us do it, since it really proves what beliar stands for, but I could bet that killing water mages doesn't feel much if you haven't played the previous games. Now I'm taking the tests to get my reputation up. Despite the flaws (like not enough dialog) g3 is still a fun game. :)

man, i feel for you.. i was having the same problem too but decided to spare the water mages.. for now. ;)

• See my post: Ishtar dilemma?

Yep it sure ain't easy to kill them, but this tme I'm obssessed to become a dark mage (staves, beliar magic). When I played this game first time I went Innos side and became a paladin (sword&shield and magic).. Second time I was a ranger (1-handed swords, all the hunting skills, all the druid spells and sided with Adanos)., But if you wish to follow beliar you'll have to enter ishtar and serve the hashisin. :)

Last edited:
hmm.. the black mage path does seem appealing, maybe i'll try that on my next play-through.. right now, i'm playing as a dual sword wielding warrior.

It's hard as nails to actually do that. I've only played as Beliar twice, and both times it felt wrong. However, I do feel that the Beliar path is the most "complete" one - the quests leading up to the end of the game (getting into Ishtar, and the quests you get after that) really makes you feel like you are working for Beliar. Compared the good and neutral ending, the Beliar ending has a much more distinct feeling.

Also, I really like the Hashishin faction, despite them being "evil". Much like the Swamp Camp, the faction doesn't seem like a clichè, and the faction specific locations have a very good atmosphere.

i don't consider the hashishin as evil, they just believe in their god and live by those rules. They just have an other kind of view in morality. I was undecided to wich path I was following even when i already was in varant. I did quest for all three sides.
But me seeing I had to kill the watermages, well I just couldn't do that, if it were just the rebels, varant was totally in hands of the hashishin. now it is still in hands of the hashishin bt the rebels are still there and I decided to follow the path of adanos.
My next play will be as a mage but i will see wich side i choose then.

yes killing the water mages is a tough call for regulars of the Gothic series.. i rate them even higher than King Rhobar himself..

easy way of gettting into ishtar as an enemy: don't use the front gate
walk around ishtar and you'll end up walking a mountain(hill) from there you can look down at isthar and jump down and land at the temple of zuben.

easy way of gettting into ishtar as an enemy: don't use the front gate
walk around ishtar and you'll end up walking a mountain(hill) from there you can look down at isthar and jump down and land at the temple of zuben.

yes, this is another way but it feels unreal to just jump in & start slashing everyone but i'll wait until the later stages of the game.. in case i desperately need any extra XPs.

Ok, ok, late again, but don't get on-line often. Killing the Water Mages doesn't mean you have to side with Beliar. Don't need to kill Saturas, Vatras. Maybe only nefarius and chronos. Did it and still sided with Adanos. Needed to kill some of the nomads, but didn't get the message at end that the nomad culture disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom