The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Listening to rob zombies body of work lately. We both have similar hangup - horror, industrial sampling,metal, what could go wrong?
I'll just say this: his solo work is by no means the quality of White Zombie. Musically, lyrically, vocally. In white zombie, his voice is deeper, barking out the lyrics with a nice touch of harshness that started to fade a little during astrocreep 2000, but by hellbilly deluxe is all but gone. I don't know if the other guys in WZ were contributing to the powerful vocal sound or what.

The solo work just isn't as heavy and the lyrical content goes from monstrous and creepy to campy horror and sing -songy choruses. Its listenable, and id rather literally eat the discs than listen to rap or some of that type of crap. Still, he's gone downhill, not up

Yeah, White Zombie - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1 was his creative peak in my opinion. I never really got into his other work quite as much. That album is a lot more metal of course - that might be why. But the whole package, the lyrics, artwork and everything was just awesome.

Yeah, White Zombie - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1 was his creative peak in my opinion.

That was definitely his/their best album by far. I used to love me some White Zombie back in those days.

The first real metal concert I ever attended was Pantera (on their "Vulgar Display of Power" tour) with White Zombie opening for them. It was at the state theatre in Tampa, FL, and I can even still remember that they opened that show with "Thunder Kiss 65".

Good times…

Polish progrockers Riverside released "Anno Domini High Definition" in 2009. I'm embarassed to say that I, despite the fact that I like them very much, only discovered it recently.

Here's Driven To Destruction

Skitsystem - Stigmata (2006)

Stigmata
Blodskam

Probably a repost, eh.
Likely reason being, still the best sounding crust out there.
Anyone got more crushingly sounding punk at hand? :)

Last edited:
Polish progrockers Riverside released "Anno Domini High Definition" in 2009. I'm embarassed to say that I, despite the fact that I like them very much, only discovered it recently.

Here's Driven To Destruction
Don´t miss their Second Life Syndrome album, I think they´ve nailed it the best on that one.
Volte-face
Artificial Smile
The vocalist isn´t "cheesy" :).

Resulted in me realizing I haven´t heard Pain of Salvation for a while :).
Handful of Nothing
Trace of Blood

Last edited:
Resulted in me realizing I haven´t heard Pain of Salvation for a while :).

Used to like that Band. Enjoyed them live. Then my sister gave my Salt Road pt#2 for a birthday present :disappointed:

And something from Ole Frank: Echoes of never(because I could not find Eternal Autumn)

Last edited:
Reposting sucks, however, I´m currently, repeatedly, listening to
Ulver - Eos
The track kicks ass.

Aaanyway, something hopefully unheard follows :):
Syven - Aikaintaite (2011)
Ne, jotka selviävät talvestamme
Meditative, distorted, and, all in all, quite unique (dark folk?), I think.

Last edited:
Truly one of my very favorites of this genre that I could listen to on repeat the entire day :)

A perfect blend of clean & rough vocals…the ending jam from 5:11 on is simply one of the best rockin melodies ever imo

~enjoy~

Ghost Brigade - A Storm Inside

\m/

A few were talking about White Zombie at the start of the page…made me remember what I consider to be one of his best (and my personal favorite) tunes…when I first heard it, I wasn't aware it was WZ…I said to a friend that if you mixed Zep's Kashmir & Rob Zombie together it might sound a bit like this lol

~enjoy~

White Zombie - Blood, Milk, and Sky

\m/

Recently discovered this album: Parhelion - Midnight Sun
That track is called "Forgotten Outpost" - which fits the sound perfectly.

Amazing dark ambient conjuring arctic atmospheres and landscapes. Someone needs to hire this guy for game soundtracks!

Attachments

• battlestar-galactica-tricia-helfer-as-cylon-number-six_480x360.jpg
    battlestar-galactica-tricia-helfer-as-cylon-number-six_480x360.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Starbuck.jpg
    Starbuck.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 59
Just came across the band "Rival Sons", after reading a review of their recent gig in my hometown (which I sad to say did not attend as I hadn't yet heard about the band)

Here's Pressure and Time

Boy, can this man sing!!

saw mazzy star on saturday night. while i was never a big fan, it was one of those opportunitiess to see a band that was dead by the time i ever owned their stuff. she's (hope sandoval) got an amazing voice and the band with her was great. i especially like the new stuff as it was less slow/dreary and more blues rocky and actually quite a bit like a band from around the same time and a bit later that i prefer elysian fields

http://www.hopesandoval.com/music/mazzystar.shtml

also the venue is one of my favourites, and really the only quality one that's not in the san francisco area where most good shows are.
http://harlows.com/

it will be good to see dead can dance again in august when they come to oakland...won't be the hollywood bowl but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom