Writing for RPGWatch

I'm keeping a very close eye on world of darkness online, been following it for years and will continue doing so. I don't know how much it has been featured here, if at all. If you need/want someone to do some news articles (and eventually, hopefully impressions) on it I would love to do that.

AFAIK World of Darkness Online is an MMO. We stopped covering MMOs a couple of years ago.
If you have an idea for an article about a SP RPG we would certainly consider to publish it.

Who wants a shot at reviewing the Ice and Fire DLC for King's Bounty: Warriors of the North?

If you have an idea for an article about a SP RPG we would certainly consider to publish it.

Unreleased products included? Like a preview of a demo?

AFAIK World of Darkness Online is an MMO. We stopped covering MMOs a couple of years ago.
I cover them in the news sometimes, and so I can say we have a few watchers who like MMO's. Fluent even wrote his first article about MMO's.^^

Unreleased products included? Like a preview of a demo?
Yes any articles are welcome as long as it's CRPG related. Myrthos has the final say on which ones will be posted though. So you usually submit them to him.

For being a European site, the English writing on this site is generally top notch. From what little we've seen from Vyx, she would fit right in. Being a relatively younger writer AND female will give us another good angle, if the right games come along. Since Jaz has become pretty infrequent and CM doesn't really post much either, our female perspective is pretty minimal. I just realized I really don't know how old Vyx really is, but she "feels" young to me :) If you 120, let me know ;)

It's that obvious that I'm of the younger folks around here, huh? And it's Nyx, not Vyx :slap:
But thanks for the kind words. I'm always looking for ways to gain writing experience and anything is as good as another

We DO have a few regular female posters, but most of them are too busy playing DDO with some of the other regulars to have time to post very much!! :)

Yep, you've hoarded most of the girls over there, Corwin :D I'm sure we have a lot more females than either of us know, but NyxVampiria wants to write and I'm sure she'll get a venue here. I shortened your name, Nyx, and got the letters messed up. I do that sometimes. You can call me tungprc. Ooh Tongue-Pierced, yuk! :p

Here are keys I have for (p)reviews:
- Review: Kings Bounty Warriors of the North: Ice & Fire
- Review: Blackguards
- Preview: Eschalon Book III

Who is interested?

I've tried Blackguards and don't care for it. I've played both previous Eschalon's and loved them, so I'm quite happy to review that game.

I've tried Blackguards and don't care for it. I've played both previous Eschalon's and loved them, so I'm quite happy to review that game.
Those are dangerous words around here Corwin. ;)

I look forward to your preview of Eschalon Book III. Now if we could only get someone for Blackguards.:paranoid:

@Gorath: Aww....sadly, no. :-/ I opted to 'slacker backer' it so I could get it for $25, instead of paying the (in my opinion) steep price for the early access. I'm sorry...I'm lame...:(

@Couchpotato: Will do! Thank you! :)

Daedalic sent out review code for Blackguards (non-Steam!) on Friday. I got stuck on what seems to be the 2nd to last map. The early access version is not authorized for reviews because in combination with the 5th chapter comes a lot of polish (lip synched videos, character generation, rebalancing, etc.).

We also have an offer to review
Victim of Xen.
According to the developer it's a short game (4-6 hours) with progressively open gameplay.

I can give ice & fire a shot. I already own the base game and have played it a couple of times. However i warn you it will likely take me 4 to 6 weeks (warrior of the north is very long - though I don't necessary have to complete the game for the review I have to cover the new content). I recently purchased blackguards but can't play that at the same time as king bounty. Also this would be my first review so revisions will likely be needed - i'm not sure it will be finsihed in time to still be relevant (I would thinik you would want a review by mid feb to still be useful in conjunction with the game and I'm talking about mid to late march).

Here are keys I have for (p)reviews:
- Review: Kings Bounty Warriors of the North: Ice & Fire
- Review: Blackguards
- Preview: Eschalon Book III

Who is interested?

As you might have noticed we are not doing that many articles, but would like to have more. So maybe you could help us out on this.
Everybody has an opinion on games. If you feel that with yours you can write a preview, review, retrospective, introspective, interview or whatever that is related to RPGs or any other game we might happen to cover in our news. We will publish it with your name on it (unless you don't want that).
We can also help in providing review copies of games, but you would need to have a track record on our forums that will convince us that getting you one is worth it.

We will check your submission and can decide not to publish if we feel it is not good enough or not fitting. We will offer suggestions for corrections and work with you on completing the article as well. We can establish contacts (to some extend) in the game industries if that is required.

What we will not do is pay you for it. If we get you a review copy you get to keep it, but besides that the fame an glory of having an article on RPGWatch is your only payment :)

Feel free to ask any question you might have. If you are interested in doing an article send me a PM or mail and we can discuss it.

It's hard to read 10 pages. Could you add a section that could be clicked about what you wanted reviewed?

Perhaps I should make a new thread that can only be read?
I put the relevant information there, including contact information and list the games that I have keys for or can get keys for, or games that I don't have keys for, but still could be interesting. In that way all information is on the first page.

Back
Top Bottom