Akella Doing Another Strugatsky Game

magerette

Hedgewitch
Some of our European members may already be aware of this title, but just saw the English version blurbs today.

Akella has another game coming out based on a novel by the Russian sci-fi authors who wrote the material that Hard to be a God is based on. It's called Inhabited Island:The Earthling and is in the adventure genre. Here's a snip of the info:

AdventureClassicGaming.com explores the game world of Akella’s new game, Inhabited Island: The Earthling. The PC adventure game is based on the popular science fiction novel "Prisoners of Power", first published in 1969 by the famous Soviet authors, Arkady and Boris Strugatsky.

"...Creative Step Group and Akella, both based in Moscow, finally partnered to create a definitive adaptation of the novel by translating the complex story script to an interactive adventure game. The original game was developed in Russian by Creative Step Group and was already published by Akella in 2007. The non-English release was an instant commercial hit. As the game gained popularity in Russia and the neighbouring CIS, Akella set themselves the task of localizing the game into English to be released at a later date...

The Earthling appears to be an excellent translation of the Russian original game and a faithful adaptation of the Strugatsky brothers’ novel. Creative Step Group and Akella have already made their mark in Russia and the CIS countries with the original release of the game, and they will undoubtedly make their mark now worldwide with this new release...".

Inhabited Island: The Earthling is scheduled for an English language release in 2008.

I believe there was supposed to be a CRPG based on the premise as well, but they decided to only make the adventure game. I wonder if the adventure game has any RPG elements in it.

From what I read in this review, I can't see anything much rpgish other than it being very story heavy and having "dialogues and cutscenes," whatever that may mean. :)

Back
Top Bottom