Might & Magic X - Uplay and M&M X

I agree, Couch. At least we can still turn it off. The day I can't escape the social aspects of a crpg is my last day playing them. I'll just have to play the old games over and over.

Amen.

Cloud Saves: Is it only cloud saves or in addition to local saves? If only cloud that is a big minus, I should not be forced to download my own saves.

Extras: this is not a plus but a minus. It's not a big deal if all the extras are minor cosmetic stuff. I hate the trend of having content determined by when I buy, where I buy, whether I visit the E3 booth, trading with people online, etc. For a MMORPG some of that is fine, but for a single player game I should get the damn full game when I buy the damn full game.

In defense of cloud saves. I have cloud saves on steam and its use is completely invisible. It was a huge god send when I got my new rig and all my save games were in the steam cloud and not on my prior hard drive.

However, as unobtrusive as the cloud save were, Steam did it by default and without my knowledge. I was sorta bummed but I was sorta appreciative and I was very confused.

Still, Might and Magic 6 was my favorite M&M, so step based movement was not the direction I was looking for in M&M 10. And now Ubisoft has nicely positioned their game as a wait and see event for me. Sorta sorry to see this coming from my favorite CRPG franchise.

sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, sorta, . . .

there, lets sorta hope I got that out of my system . . .

With Uplay, you can enjoy a deeper ingame experience thanks to the Win program: you play to earn Units and unlock exclusive in-game content, and Ubisoft games or invitations to video games exhibitions.

There are just so many things wrong with that sentence… I don't even know where to begin processing that kind of crap.

Obviously we and ubisoft have a very different idea about what playing a video game means. Shouldn't the experience itself be it's own reward?

I'll just quote the great philosopher, Roger Murtaugh from the leathal weapon series:
Glover-Murtaugh-Im-gettin-too-old-for-this-shit.jpg

I am not a fan of uPlay by any means - but I don't think it is as bad as it is being made out to be.

If it is like most other Ubisoft games, the social aspects are pretty much that you can use the uplay client to chat with other people on uplay if you want (kinda like how you can Shift-Tab in a steam game and chat with friends).

The 'Win' system they're talking about (if its like Heroes VI) is really lame but unobtrusive. There are a small number of major 'achievements' (even though I don't think they call it that) that give you points. The achievement points can be used for the wallpapers and such they describe. Its easy enough to completely ignore them though.

MMX and the Uplay Rewards

Might & Magic X – Legacy will offers players tons of actions to unlock. To get all of them you will have to take up every challenge you encounter! Unlocking actions by playing is the key to earn Uplay units. With those Units, you can have access to exclusive rewards from Uplay for Might & Magic X – Legacy: a wallpaper for your PC or a Dungeon offering new undiscovered challenges! Hurry up!

I actually think that's a cool feature. We're going to play the game anyway, might as well unlock little things along the way.

No.....I disagree with anyone that says people will play the game anyways. There is no game that I care enough about to compromise how I feel about invasive companies that force you to register for some silly website or something. I have 25 yrs + of old games that I'd replay a thousand times more rather than do such a thing. I fail to see how anyone could be alright with it, tbh. Uplay has no where near the same track record Steam has.

Back
Top Bottom