Dragon Age 2 - Patch 1.04 Released

aries100

SasqWatch
Rob Bartel announced that Bioware has released a 1.04 patch for Dragon Age 2:
Good news - Later today (March 1, 2012), we'll be releasing our third major update to Dragon Age II across all platforms. Full details and the download link will be posted on our patch page as Patch 1.04.

This one's smaller than our previous two, clocking in at around 25 fixes. Some of these address critical issues such as crashes or save game corruptions while others simply add to or improve the Dragon Age experience, unlocking a bunch of new follower banters in our Legacy DLC, for instance, or offering better handling of ambient audio when switching between followers.
More information.

An update this late that's not linked to a new DLC package? That's a surprise to me.

The bulk of the resulting crashes were occurring in the conversation after the Isabela sex scene in Hawke's Estate

I think I experienced that crash :p

EDIT: nice to see they are continuing to support those of us who bought the game on Steam even though EA pulled the game from the Steam store. The update started automatically.

Last edited:
I wonder if the couple of changes in behavior regarding authentication and handling of login status have to do with them unifying things under Origin - since one or two of them mention periods of poor connectivity.

I doubt we will ever see anymore DA2 dlc the game has been wiped under the rug and there focusing on ME3 and DA3 now.

Oh it's because forum bans - including mistaken ones - can get you permenantly blocked from logging in. Haha so instead of making it so forum bans didn't block you from your games - they made it less annoying to play while not logged in.

I doubt we will ever see anymore DA2 dlc the game has been wiped under the rug and there focusing on ME3 and DA3 now.

BioWare never fights against their own games. When Dragon Age II came out, there was complete silence concerning all other projects too.
It's possible that they won't bring more DLC for DAII, but the fact that they are not talking about DAII, while they are trying absolutely everything they can to get everyones attention towards ME3, doesn't have to mean anything bad for DAII.

What's funny to me, concerning this 1.04 patch, is that they still haven't fixed this broken quest (I'm talking about the quest where the quest marker stays above the character's head and so on... it's been a long time since I played it, so I can't remember the specific names anymore), that's in the game since day 1 (it's not in the changelog, so I assume they haven't). I'll never understand how BioWare determines, what should be fixed/changed in their games.

there could potentially be a dlc for dragon age 2 like all other recent games that comes out right before the next title that bridges the gap in the storylines. i'd bank on this and i'd also bank on it being the only other dlc. dragon age 2 is there first game i didn't buy all dlc, or in fact any for though i could perhaps before dragon age 3. we'll have to see what dragon age 3 is going to look like because their dlc never goes on sale either unfortunately.

BioWare never fights against their own games. When Dragon Age II came out, there was complete silence concerning all other projects too.
It's possible that they won't bring more DLC for DAII, but the fact that they are not talking about DAII, while they are trying absolutely everything they can to get everyones attention towards ME3, doesn't have to mean anything bad for DAII.

Lets look at the facts its has been a few months now with no announcement of any other dlc. Like curious said they might make a tie in for DA3 or who knows a full expansion like awakening.

What's funny to me, concerning this 1.04 patch, is that they still haven't fixed this broken quest (I'm talking about the quest where the quest marker stays above the character's head and so on… it's been a long time since I played it, so I can't remember the specific names anymore), that's in the game since day 1 (it's not in the changelog, so I assume they haven't). I'll never understand how BioWare determines, what should be fixed/changed in their games.

The quest was fixed in the last two patches and I agree it was annoying when she just stood there.

If Bioware had released mod tools, perhaps DA2 could have been modded into a pretty good game. It mainly suffered from a lack of side quest content.

Lets look at the facts its has been a few months now with no announcement of any other dlc.

Sure, but the same was true for Mass Effect 2, while they were only advertising DAII (and that game got a lot of DLC in total). The Mass Effect 3 ad cycle was even especially long, because it was supposed to be released 2011, but then they moved it back for 6 months.

The quest was fixed in the last two patches and I agree it was annoying when she just stood there.

It was a he, not a she and I played Dragon Age II a second time with 1.03 (from the start/new save) and the quest was still bugged in the same way it had been with 1.00.

dragon age 2 is there first game i didn't buy all dlc, or in fact any

The DLCs Legacy and Mark of the Assassin were among the best stuff for DAII (feel free to interpret that any way you like :p). They totally reacted to complaints many people had against the main game. Both DLCs had no copied maps (that was the worst in DAII), everything was fresh/unfamiliar environments...
There were new characters, major boss battles, fights that made tactics necessary, some riddles, especially well written banter for all characters, sometimes even involving 3 party members instead of just 2...
If DAII had been like those DLCs they produced later, it never would have gotten such a bad reputation. So in a way it's a little sad, that the people bought the flawed game, but not the better add-ons.

The DLCs Legacy and Mark of the Assassin were among the best stuff for DAII (feel free to interpret that any way you like :p). They totally reacted to complaints many people had against the main game. Both DLCs had no copied maps (that was the worst in DAII), everything was fresh/unfamiliar environments…
There were new characters, major boss battles, fights that made tactics necessary, some riddles, especially well written banter for all characters, sometimes even involving 3 party members instead of just 2…
If DAII had been like those DLCs they produced later, it never would have gotten such a bad reputation. So in a way it's a little sad, that the people bought the flawed game, but not the better add-ons.

Hmm ... you make an enticing pitch. I may have to try them now that I have had a break from the game.

I'll never understand how BioWare determines, what should be fixed/changed in their games.
Same as any other developer, I assume.

1. How important is it to fix? How many people are likely to get the bug? How hard is it to work around the bug?

2. How easy is it to fix? Will the fix require a fundamental change to the system? Can you just hack around it? How hard will it be to test whether the fix worked? What are the chances the fix to this will break something else in the game?

Back
Top Bottom