Atlanta vs St. Louis

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
To the poor Brave fans, that was a terrible call that ended your season. As a Cardinal fan, I believe the right team won the game, but I would have liked to see the game without the hideous failure of the left field ump. My guess is that when the idiot yelled infield fly rule, he scared the shit out of our shortstop, who pulled off the play, thinking it was Holliday calling him off. What a terrible game to end Chipper Jones' career. Glad he got the busted bat hit, though I thought he was out. A tiny bit of redemption, maybe.

However, the idiots in the stands should have been arrested and fined. What a group of hoosiers.

However, the idiots in the stands should have been arrested and fined. What a group of hoosiers.

Since when did hoosier become a derogatory term? :)

I didn't watch the game, but I saw photos of the field afterwards. Suffice to say, it was trashed. I can understand why Atlanta fans were pissed, but at that point in the game it was unlikely that the Braves were going to come back anyways.

It doesn't matter... the Tigers are going to win the World Series. :)

It's only baseball, so who really cares!! :)

Hey! You know I CARE....Cards fan here. lol I agree, the call was a mess and a stain on the win, on careers........sad. Trashing the field like that was childish and if they could arrest a few maybe that would put a stop to it in the future. It just makes the fans and the team look bad.

How'd that last Series between Detroit and St. Louis go, JDR? :D

Let's see the Tigers are 4-6 in the Series and the Cards are 11-7. The Cardinals would have home field advantage this time, thanks to the silly Selig rule making the winner of the All-Star game determine HFA. Of course, without silly Selig, the Cards don't make the playoffs this year at all.

It'll be interesting to see if our playoff experience weighs in our favor against teams that have superior regular season records. The Nationals are a good team with an established manager, but the players have never seen this type of pressure before. It should be an interesting series, especially if STL can win the games at home.

I was surprised at how badly Atlanta played in the field, considering they had the best defense in the NL. Glad they choked under pressure.

Well JDR, it looks like both teams are going to their respective Championship series. The Cardinals had an unbelievable comeback last night, down 6-0 and down 7-5 in the ninth. Came back and won in the top of the ninth against a great closer. What a game! One thing the last two years have taught our opponents is that you can't count the Cards out until the final out is recorded. Twice we were down to our final strike. We kept pulling off the same stunts last year too. I hope the magic lasts for two more sets of games. Go Cards!

Last two innings were nail bitters. We were yelling at our TV and when I stepped on the porch during a commercial I could tell when the game was back up from my neighbors yelling at their TV's. :) Fingers crossed they can ride this wave all the way in now!

Yeah, this sounds to me like football/soccer is treated here in Germany. ;)

Well JDR, it looks like both teams are going to their respective Championship series. The Cardinals had an unbelievable comeback last night, down 6-0 and down 7-5 in the ninth. Came back and won in the top of the ninth against a great closer. What a game! One thing the last two years have taught our opponents is that you can't count the Cards out until the final out is recorded. Twice we were down to our final strike. We kept pulling off the same stunts last year too. I hope the magic lasts for two more sets of games. Go Cards!

I was watching it off and on at work last night. One of the crazier games I've seen this year. Massive choke job by the Nats, but also a great effort by the Cards. Good luck against the Giants.

Since Tony retired, the Tigers have my favorite manager. Jim Leyland is a classy dude. He used to scout for the Cardinals in between managing gigs.

Jim Leyland is classy, but he makes a lot of questionable decisions imo. He has a tendency to leave pitchers in for too long, and it's cost us games this season.

Hell of a Game 1 between Detroit and New York. The Tigers almost blew it, but it was a big win.

Ugh.. Jose Valverde is a joke. Last season he was dominant, but now he's a liability. The Tigers need a new closer for next year.

Detroit vs St. Louis might just happen. Hopefully, with the same results as the most recent WS between them. Go Tigers, go Cards :)

Well the Tigers are already 1 game away from returning to the World Series. St Louis has a tougher road ahead of them. They better hope San Fransico doesn't take game 3.

Game 3 between the Tigers and Yankees should have been another shut-out for Detroit, but once again Leyland left his starting pitcher in too long, and he gave up a home run in the ninth.

Game 3 here may turn out very interesting. There is like a 90% chance of rain but it isn't supposed to start until 4 pm. Do you start Cain and Lohse and take a chance that they only get to pitch a couple innings each? Or, do you start a bullpen guy and then hope that the rain doesn't pass us by, making you look stupid? :) The Cards would be in a better position if we get the rain delay, because our pen is full of starting pitchers (Lynn, Kelly, Rosenthal), but I'd had to waste Lohse for any of those guys.

If I was Matheny, and the rain looked definite, I'd start Rosenthal and use Lohse after the delay. I'm just a fan though, so what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom