Numen - Officially Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You may recall a recent Polish interview revealing Akella's Numen - a mythologically themed action/RPG they have in development. The official press release has now been sent out and apparently the game will impress even "captious" players - I'm not quite sure who they are, but, hey - now there's a game just for you.
Akella company and Cinemax studio have announced joint development of game Numen. This project is made in action/RPG genre and it provides the whole row of differences from competitive products that will amaze even the most captious player with wonderful graphics, absolutely new elements of gameplay, advanced battle system. Playing Numen you’ll become a Hero who has enduring body and strong will-power and who travels in world of Greek mythology, becomes stronger with every quest!

The action of game takes place in à marvelous world of antique Greece where mythical creatures, legendary warriors and ambitious Gods came alive.

A lot of villages and countrysides that are spreaded at wide seasides and stony plains are full of hostile and peaceful inhabitants. Some of them have interesting and exciting quests for you!

All your movements are being watched by immortal Olympians. Immortal but not impassive. They have an argue about who can be named the most powerful among them. And Gods have decided that each of them must train one human hero. Who’s hero would turn to be the strongest – will become a winner!

After you choose one of 3 classes, your character (magician, warrior, hunter) you should select your own God who becomes your patron. Divine tutor are different in bonuses, talents and capabilities which you can get from them. Game style, quests and secret locations are also various for each character. Your hero must conduct religious rites and learn rituals.

Also you can find your rivals during the game at special arenas. Sometimes you can gather a group with other Heros to pass through difficult quests.

Numen will give you an opportunity to fight against dangerous enemies like Cerberus, Medusa Gorgone, Haron, Cyclop, centaurs, Nubians…

You should have to arm oneself good enough to win! You can buy the best weapon at auctions.

Keep waiting for news from Olympus!

Key Features:

- Numen is a third-person RPG that will plunge the player deep into the amazing world of Greek mythology, the realm of almighty gods, brave heroes, fabulous creatures and great deeds.
- Featuring an engaging storyline, the game takes the player on a path from a weak, naive youth to a legendary hero who fights in the name of his or her chosen deity.
- There is a devoted hero for each of the gods, but in the end, only one will prevail.
- Variety of weapons and combo moves to use and master
More information.

If the game is as pathetic as the press release, I want no part of it!!

I'm a CAPTIOUS player ... and I dare them to impress me!

I have a really bad feeling that there will be satyrs in this game. Satyrs are the new Zombies. :paranoid:

Wasn't this game released already? You know, like what was it called? Titan's adventure? God of Chaos?

- There is a devoted hero for each of the gods, but in the end, only one will prevail.

I'd like to chose Aphrodite. ;)

But I doubt they will incorparate followers to her. ;)

I believe that Hephaistos would be, on the other hand, an ideal God for that game.

What's funny is that the whole thing reads like its been run through Babelfish, but yet "captious" is used correctly and is actually a pretty damn appropriate, concise, and to-the-point word choice. Whether it reflects what they were actually trying to get across or it was simply the first word that appeared in somebody's archaic x-to english dictionary is an entirely different issue.

yet "captious" is used correctly and is actually a pretty damn appropriate, concise, and to-the-point word choice

That is why I said that I dare them to impress me :)

Going by context, I really think they were trying for "cautious." The fact that captious makes sense was probably just a gift from the grammar gods. You can still dare them, though. :)

Back
Top Bottom