A Farewell to Dragons [RPG]

meh, most of the poor publishers here are actually European owned, e.g. Dreamcatcher(Jowood), Atari, etc.

Right, right. So when Dreamcatcher published Dungeon Lords and crap like Metalheart, they were anticipating their future purchase by JoWood and hence acted like Europeans in advance?

Thanks, Lannister.

I bought it on disc to 20 dollars. Unfortunately, another decent russian RPG lost to bad translation. Someone must teach these russian people some english. I don't expect Dragon Age quality writing, but at least we can understand what the characters are saying. I hope they will release some language patch for it in the future. I remember a german RPG Gorasul. Initial version had the same language problem like this one, but they solved it with a patch later.

I think we all hope for a patch, but there has been absolutely no word on one.

I'm pretty sure there's no hard copy out there in NA, anyway. You can download it various places but that's it.

Anyone who knows of one, though, feel free to correct me.

But he was talking about bad english translation so my guess would be he bought english version.

My interpretation was that he played the original and was lamenting that our review shows the translation was crap. Hopefully he will set us all straight ;)

I don't think he was talking about an english release.

Actually I was talking about an english release. I'm living in Turkey (I'm sure lots of people don't know where it is :) ). I was browsing in a mega electronic store. Saw this game with KB: Armored Princess near it. Its' price was 30 Turkish Liras (nearly 20 $), so I bought it. But, nothing remarkable though, they didn't even press a paper manual. A pdf file in the disc like other budget games. So, you don't miss anything, if you have the digital distribution version.

I was browsing in a mega electronic store. Saw this game with KB: Armored Princess near it. Its' price was 30 Turkish Liras (nearly 20 $), so I bought it. But, nothing remarkable though, they didn't even press a paper manual.

At least it's available in retail over there. It can only be obtained through digital download here.

I'm living in Turkey (I'm sure lots of people don't know where it is :) ).

With recent data indicating 75% of Americans couldn't find Iraq on a map and only 10% or EU folks knowing how many countries in the EU ... I'd pretty much guarantee it!

You know, when I bought the game two years ago, I wasn't expecting anything. I wasn't expecting the game even to be playable (Russian developers. There is special place in hell for them). Actually, I bought it only because I was fan of the book the game is based on. But to my surprise, it was actually pretty fun to play. The gameplay mechanics are nice, characters are good and whole steampunk-with-elves stuff was done very well. Yeah, it has its flaws, but I'd tell you to give it a try.

PS: Bugs are probably not the developers' fault. In russian version, in example, using a totem amulet does not make game crash to desktop.

Last edited:
PS: Bugs are probably not the developers' fault. In russian version, in example, using a totem amulet does not make game crash to desktop.

I believe the developers have some bug in their localization tool, causing the length of a text string used in the game to sometimes be stored incorrectly (1 character off). That's the reason for the end-game crash in the english version at least..

I bought this back in the Steam holiday sale but am just getting around to firing it up.

It wasn't starting up for me - game would flicker up black screens and some music but would never start properly. I find this is due to dual monitors.
Any one else with this problem?
Is there a workaround?

Doesn't look like a patch will be coming out at all...

You can buy the game from thehut.com, an english online game selling site.

You can buy it now at Direct2Drive for 7.50 euros. Be fast though… The sale ends on friday!

Back
Top Bottom