Witcher 3 - Interview @ RPS

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In an interview with Rock Paper Shotgun, CD Projekt's head Marcin Iwinski talks about free DLC and DRM concerns for The Witcher 3.
“A lot of people on forums are saying, ‘No, but you guys are anti-DRM,’” Iwinski admitted during an interview with RPS. “And we really are anti-DRM. But at the same time, there are people who’ll be fine with [Xbox One's online-heavy DRM]. They’ll buy the console and just want to play. Why should we not give them this option?”
“That’s our approach, but at the same time, we don’t know what the final policies are. Things might be changing. There’s a lot of heat right now. From our perspective, we’ll always choose the most gamer-friendly solution. And on the platform where we have control – which is PC – we’ll release on GOG day one and DRM-free.”
And
“We’ll be supporting The Witcher 3 for years after it comes out,” he said. “We’re also building the Redkit, and we’ll talk about modding Witcher 3 when the time comes. It’s all about a long-term relationship with our gamers. It even works from a business perspective. Abandoning our baby that we’ve worked on for several years would be crazy. The fact that we have a second game in development just gives us a better way to reallocate resources – QA and whatnot. It’s just a better way to manage the process internally. It’s better for the people and the team.”
More information.

If they actually make more content or mini expansions this time then I will believe what they say. I know they released enhanced editions. I'm talking about actual expansions or dlc that adds 2-15 hrs more content.

Well regardless I was worried when it was announced, but I can't wait to play this game. I hate waiting that's always the hardest part. :biggrin:

Well regardless I was worried when it was announced, but I can't wait to play this game. I hate waiting that's always the hardest part. :biggrin:

Isn't waiting on a couch something like the meaning of life for a Couchpotato? ;)

Attachments

• l22015-3d_renderings-kurt_die_couch-kartoffel.jpg
    l22015-3d_renderings-kurt_die_couch-kartoffel.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 29
If they actually make more content or mini expansions this time then I will believe what they say. I know they released enhanced editions. I'm talking about actual expansions or dlc that adds 2-15 hrs more content.

Personally I hate expansion games. Release the game the way you want it to be like they have always done.

As for not being able to wait, well thought I don't make many post here I might not even be able to come in and read any more. As I want the game to be so fresh and new, waiting is going to kill me.

Personally I hate expansion games. Release the game the way you want it to be like they have always done.

As for not being able to wait, well thought I don't make many post here I might not even be able to come in and read any more. As I want the game to be so fresh and new, waiting is going to kill me.

I'm the same when it comes to having the full experience as well.

Which reminds me of the Night Of The Raven expansion for Gothic II. Well, it was advertised as an expansion, to me it was an integration of new content. Absolutely fantastic, best expansion ever in my opinion!

Ahhh good times... :)

Back
Top Bottom