Mass Effect 3 - From Ashes Review @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameBanshee has a review of the DLC first-day Mass Effect 3 DLC, From Ashes:
The unfortunate fact about "From Ashes" is that, while Javik is a great character and probably the most interesting new face Mass Effect 3 has to offer, the mission on Eden Prime is fairly short (about 30 minutes long), and you don't get much else beyond his assistance in combat, his story arc, and a new, overpowered Particle Rifle to play with. While "missions" are advertised, the reality is that you only visit Eden Prime once, and the second mission is really just a secondary objective that involves finding intelligence terminals within the same environment.
More information.

Definitely not worth $10. I bought the collector's edition, so I got it with that. I never used Javik, but the additional lore and his interactions with other squadmates were interesting. A more reasonable price would be $5.

He is the only interesting squad mate though. Well, at least the only new one - Garrus is still fairly entertaining. Like I wrote in my ME3 thread - I really feel the team is significantly less interesting overall. It would be even worse without Javik.

I liked new EDI actually, taking her often to missions.

He adds a fair bit of story to the Thessia mission, if you take him along with Liara.

agreed, Javik was the only high point wrt all the squad in me3. i was sad when he (predictably) could not be romanced!!

Back
Top Bottom