What games are you playing now?

I've re-installed IWD plus Kulyok's IWD NPC mod. I have to restart it though - after starting game, I realised I have no mage/sorcerer in the party, so I'm screwed!! Only played for about 1.5hours last night but had heaps of fun. NPCs already had a good amount of dialogues and rather than just reacting to PC, they actually have a rather good conversation between themselves and town folks.

Still not used to resolution though - after BG:EE, I find it harder to go back to IWD resolution (BG:EE, BG2 and IWD2 all have better resolution!!) I think there's IWD to BG2 engine mod but I don't feel like installing too many mods for IWD since it's really old game.

Also still struggling with BG:EE. I was quite a bit disappointed by the fact that new NPCs in BG:EE has hardly any dialogues nor quests (at least at the point where I am, I didn't get much out of them - currently exploring random areas after finishing nashkel/gnoll strongholds).

So yeah, for me, it's back to old IE games!! Hurry up PoE!!

Still not used to resolution though - after BG:EE, I find it harder to go back to IWD resolution (BG:EE, BG2 and IWD2 all have better resolution!!) I think there's IWD to BG2 engine mod but I don't feel like installing too many mods for IWD since it's really old game.

You must be playing without the Heart of Winter expansion. Installing that increases the resolution to 800x600 which is the same as IWD2.

Huh? I do have HoW expansion - mod doesn't work without it. I also installed Trial of the Luremaster so it is fully patched as well. Where is the option where I can increase resolution?? I couldn't find it >.>

Playing the Neverwinter Nights 2 mod version of Baldurs Gate 1, Baldurs Gate Reloaded and I'm amazed at the quality and how authentically well reproduced it is, first class job on this, and fun to play BG1 with 3rd Edition rules also.

Oh I feel extremely silly at the moment. I was playing with resolution 800x600 already but I got so used to BG:EE resolution, I got confused!! I had to load my old BG2 game to check :)

Wrapped up BG2: Shadows of Amn. Definitely a notch above the other fantasy "epics" of that type (namely BG1, DA:O & NWN2), possibly due to Ch2 alone. The story was alright but I think I'll need to finish Throne of Bhall to fully assess it, I'd probably be somewhat biased if I started writing now since I was immediately thrown into ToB and found it's premise very lazy, hopefully there's more to it than it seems.

Last edited:
Still playing Blackguards. Really liking it despite it's obvious beta nature (debug text showing, for example). Some fun puzzles to figure out and encounters that require some tricks, or tricky thinking to win. Can be frustrating, but after a few failed attempts there's always the Steam forums. ;) Some of the arena battles have some very clever puzzle and trap elements. Good stuff!

Playing the Neverwinter Nights 2 mod version of Baldurs Gate 1, Baldurs Gate Reloaded and I'm amazed at the quality and how authentically well reproduced it is, first class job on this, and fun to play BG1 with 3rd Edition rules also.

Been doing the same. Just entered the Mines at Naskel. I've encountered a couple glitches, but nothing too bad so far. Overall, its just amazing.

I can't play it on my Surface Pro though, so for my commute, I installed Fallout 1. I'd never played it before. Took a bit of getting used to, but I'm starting to really like it.

How does BG Reloaded compare to original BG (or even BG:EE)?

Other than the fact it's using 3rd edition rule instead of AD&D, what other differences are there? I remember in NWN2, you could just rest anywhere, at any time - is that still the case? Also, in NWN2, if anyone of your party member is alive (whether your PC is knocked down or not), it was not game over. But in BG, if Bhaalspawn is dead, it's game over. How does that work in BG Reloaded?

@Kostas: ToB is big heck fest without much story compared to SoA. In saying that, I still thought it was worthywhile ending suited to epic BG Saga. I hope you enjoy it!! :)

@Kostas: ToB is big heck fest without much story compared to SoA. In saying that, I still thought it was worthywhile ending suited to epic BG Saga. I hope you enjoy it!! :)
So far (granted, that's about 2 hours) I see it taking the BG1 route of focusing on the PC being very special. As far as I'm concerned the "you're a (special) Bhallspawn, go save the world" storyline don't work nearly as well as the "you've been fucked, go save yourself" storyline of SoA.

I might be taking the simplification a bit too far but I see how NWN2 and MotB each "recycled" those themes, MotB probably developing it better but ultimately lacking an interesting aggressor amongst other things.

How does BG Reloaded compare to original BG (or even BG:EE)?

Other than the fact it's using 3rd edition rule instead of AD&D, what other differences are there? I remember in NWN2, you could just rest anywhere, at any time - is that still the case? Also, in NWN2, if anyone of your party member is alive (whether your PC is knocked down or not), it was not game over. But in BG, if Bhaalspawn is dead, it's game over. How does that work in BG Reloaded?

I'm really enjoying seeing the sword coast in 3d. The areas are amazingly done, though they are smaller than the original. Not sure if that is a limit of the engine or by design, but it works and like it.

The combat seems much more difficult to me. Part of that may be my party not having a mage until I got Dynahere. I cheated a bit though. I recompiled the file that limits the party size to six and set it to eight.

It has death in it, though I think not permadeath. Basically you sort of die and can have a certain amount of time to heal or then you are dead (though you can die straight away too). I don't think this death is permanent, ie you can go get resurrected. If the bhaalspawn dies though, its game over.

You cannot just rest anywhere.

One thin that is a bit annoying, but also cool, is that items like the ankegg armor aren't just laying around. You have to use a search skill to find them. Apparently elves are always in that mode, but there aren't that many full elves that can join you. So cool functionality, but annoying if you dont have an elf. If I hadn't known where that armor was already, there's nothing in the game to tell you its there, and its slow to go around in search mode.

They incorporated all the cut scenes and voice dialogue from the original which is cool.

The two bugs I've encountered were very minor.

Its definitely worth a try.

Just started Castlevania: Lord of Shadows (about damn time too).
Not a big fan of the qte's but other than I'm liking it x)

Playing Blackguards. Finally a game you can't pass by just clicking randomly.

I love it!

Playing Blackguards. Finally a game you can't pass by just clicking randomly.

I love it!

I am still looking for the 'pay to win' button !

Haha ... Definitely enjoying this game as well !

Must add that dunno honestly how I managed to save some damsel in distress almost lynched and it felt good (at least one of your party members has to pass two bridges in only 6 rounds and the path is blocked by boxes and hostiles).

Another sidequest named dragon hunt where you're on a map against a few groups of bugs couldn't crack so I left that one for later. Somehow feels like 3 party members are not enough for that one or my strategy is not "polished" enough. In fact dunno how to force stalagmites to drop on those bugs - they drop on my pardie!

Must add that dunno honestly how I managed to save some damsel in distress almost lynched and it felt good (at least one of your party members has to pass two bridges in only 6 rounds and the path is blocked by boxes and hostiles).

Another sidequest named dragon hunt where you're on a map against a few groups of bugs couldn't crack so I left that one for later. Somehow feels like 3 party members are not enough for that one or my strategy is not "polished" enough. In fact dunno how to force stalagmites to drop on those bugs - they drop on my pardie!

That's actually a pretty easy level, after you kill the first few bugs there is a bottleneck mid map let them pile up there and pick them off.

I bet it is, but I was low on mana (stalagmite killed the dwarf, so no use from 2 healers after no initial resting!). ;)

Currently in a closed beta of a Science Fantasy MMORPG. Really, really cute. I never thought I might become an MMO person, but as little as I usually play nowadays, these games' amount of SP content is way enough for me.

Unusual for me, I've been working on multiple games, although none of them are new. When I got my new laptop, Puzzle Quest 2 was the quickest download. I started a fresh game of that and have been having a good time with it. A little over half way thru, IIRC. After that, I started another game of Bioshock2 because at the moment that's actually the most graphically advanced game I've got and I wanted to see what the laptop would do (it's quite nice). I'm nearly half way thru that one as well. Still spending most of my time with DDO, particularly now that my oldest and I can run together.

Coming soon, I'll be doing a review of MMX, so I'll be spending some quality time with that game.

Back
Top Bottom