SW: TOR - Deceived Cinematic Trailer & Smuggler Class Reveal

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Bioware have released a cinematic trailer for the Sacking of Coruscant.
The Sacking of Coruscant. It was the crowning achievement of the Sith Empire’s ambitious military strategy and the moment that changed the history of the Old Republic forever. You may have read about it before, but our first cinematic trailer captures this event with breathtaking action and beautiful detail.
Republic leaders have traveled to Alderaan to engage in promised peace talks with the Sith Empire. The most powerful Jedi have accompanied them to safeguard against an Imperial deception. The Empire’s real motive, however, was simply to lure the Republic’s strongest defenders away from Coruscant and set the stage for an audacious attack. Under the command of Lord Angral, the Sith fleet approaches the Republic’s capital planet for the first time in centuries. In advance of the fleet, the strongest Sith Warriors have flown a stolen Republic ship into Coruscant’s orbit. Their mission is critical – to destroy the planet’s defense grid mainframe hidden in the heart of the Jedi Temple.
Gamespot have the exclusive look at the Smuggler that reveals full voice acting for the game, and an active cover system.
Dallas Dickinson:We are showing a lot of "MMO Firsts" at E3, the biggest of which is the fact that we are the first-ever fully voiced MMO (both players and non-player characters have full voice throughout the game). This is one of the largest voice-over projects in the history of games--we're taking storytelling in MMOs to the next level, with real cinematic conversation. We're also giving the first in-game look at a couple of classes (the bounty hunter and the smuggler) and a few planets (Hutta and Ord Mantell). The smuggler class utilizes a dynamic cover system in combat, which is also a first for the MMO space. Finally, we're going to show one of our "flashpoints" to demonstrate the amount of real-player choice that we offer in The Old Republic.

More information.

Who is that bald guy in the video?
Could it be Malak?

From the swtor site:

Revan and Malak returned in 3,959 BBY to declare war upon the Republic. It was only by the Battle Meditation of Bastila Shan that the Republic was able to avoid immediate defeat. Three years later the death of Malak, the destruction of Star Forge, and the redemption of Revan finally lead to the end of the Jedi Civil War. Following the conclusion of the war Revan set out to find the threat of the “true Sith�."

So I guess not.

True. Though the "we thought he was dead, but turned out he wasn't" is a classic story-writing stunt. Then the True Sith -or whomever- kept him in cryogenic freeze for 300 years to release him right on time for SWTOR.

Another bald Sith with a metal jaw? That's a bit too much of a coincidence, that or Bioware had a remarkable lack of imagination when designing a new baddie for SWTOR.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Revan and Malak, alive, made an appearance in SWTOR. Especially Revan, one of the best and most underused Star Wars character ever. I remember my first play through KOTOR2, I was hoping every minute for a plot twist where Revan would appear and take a central role, alas it never happened.

I do admit I thought it was Malak, is that the same voice actor? I believe it's supposed to be a mixture of Malak and Vadar for people with dark lord fantasies.

They better not even think of using Revan in TOR as it would be straight milking one of the best SW characters.
Anyway It's probably running out of imagination.

The Sith Lord in charge of the current invasion is the same guy who started the Mandalorian Wars and what not. He and his followers are remnants of the Sith that fought in the Great Hyperspace War (over 700 years before the Mandalorian Wars). They were the reason Revan "fell" to the dark side - he never fell, he was simply trying to create a stronger, more capable Republic, so it could defend against the real Sith. In KotOR2, Revan and later The Exile, left known space to try to prevent the coming war with the Sith. Whether they succeed or not is unknown - all we know is, the Sith from the Great Hyperspace War has returned, as Revan predicted they would.

Back
Top Bottom