Help! Good (old) action/RPG needed

I've added it to my radar based on a few different conversations, but I haven't had any luck finding a copy.

My friend had it on his bookshelf beneath a layer of dust. So far I am impressed. I had feared something close to Diablo 2 but frankly this reminds me of an equal mix of Baldurs Gate. It have the Diablo 2 combat mechanics but the Baldurs Gate storytelling techniques, sudden encounters, cutscenes, NPC filled cities, heaps of quests that include both puzzles and moral decisions.

Divine Divinity.

I've added it to my radar based on a few different conversations, but I haven't had any luck finding a copy.

I bought it on Ebay from a seller in the UK. Got it for about 10$...
Good game. Worth the time. Good music also.

Forget about Beyond Divinity. It's Larian's second title in that series. I just can't play it. It's just not the same and the voice of one of the main characters is intolerable...

"Forget about Beyond Divinity. "
It uses starforce also, so be carefuul if you do have it.

"It uses starforce also, so be carefuul if you do have it."

I know but I never had the problems I've read about at the Dot when people were freaking out when the producers were talking about using it in Gothic 3.

I think I have another game that has this blasted program but I forget which one it is.

So far, my PC is fine...

Last edited:
I know Kayla is a fellow Majesty addict, so I'll suggest a little budget Majesty-like game I'm having fun with called "Medieval Conquest" tho it's 3D and runs a little crappy at times on my high-end system, so I dont know how strong a referral that is ='.'=

Have her check out Fastcrawl too, you never know, she might like it!

And tell her to poke her head in here sometime and say hi, I miss chatting with her now and then!

Ah, I remember hearing about some Majesty-alike but couldn't remember the title -- thanks.

The Majesty disk never gets put away, dte...it just needed a break.

As it turns out, I can't dislodge her from NWN2, so I decided to restart Gothic 3 on my gaming rig and just tough out the heat up here.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Hmmm.....maybe she'll decide to get back into online NWN gaming with us next year!! :)

Back
Top Bottom