Nyx Quest

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello, everyone,

I've seen this game yesterday in a shop - for the PC platform.
Solely by its look, it apears to be an Indie developed platform game.
Its screenshots remind me of Aquaria little bit. Only that the setting is completely different (ancient, mythical Greece).

I like it so far, but I haven't played the demo yet. You can get it here : http://www.nyxquest-game.com

Alrik

Nyx quest plays more like a typical side scrolling puzzle platformer than Aquaria. Each level is its own self contained entity, and you never need to travel back to previous levels in order to progress through the game.

In the game you control a single character. Movement is done with the keyboard, and you use your mouse to aim your special abilities (which works independently from your character, as long as what you want to interact with is on screen you can use your powers on it). There are only a handful of powers in the game, and the most interesting one is the telekenesis power, which you get very early. It allows you to move certain objects, grab fireballs that are shot at you (which will be your only weapon early on in the game). I won't spoil the other powers for you.
The game is more focused on avoiding dangers and solving some light puzzles rather than fast paced action.

NyxQuest is a good game, but it is also rather short, so it might be worth waiting for a sale before you pick it up. Steam tells me that I have spent 2h with the game, and I have finished it.

Ah, okay, thanks.

I'll definitively add it to my list, it looks like a game I would like to play. :)

Back
Top Bottom