My other hobbies

"Island Adventures: Horns of Craven," "Island Adventures: Color of Light," and "Darkness Over Daggerford." Also, have written a fair amount of dialogue for the final Island Adventures mod that might make an appearance in NWN2. However, not doing anything with NWN or NWN2 at the moment. I'm scared of the NWN2 system requirements, so I'm actually doing the incredible: catching up on a lot of PS2 RPGs (oxymoron) from the past few years, like FFX, Dragon Quest 8, etc. Fun stuff, but certainly not inline with the best of PC RPGs, like Gothic, BG2, Fallout, Arcanum, etc. Gonna play Gothic 3 as soon as I can afford an upgrade... probably after the Holidays.

I have no life. Period. I spend a certain amount of hours doing some proffesional projects as a developer, a greater amount of hours on studying various programming languages to evolve my developing skills, and the rest is spent on Gothic 3. As soon as I wrap up my final game(for now), I'll start playing NWN2 and see what that's like, I have fairly high hopes for that.

Sounds like a pretty good life to me!! :biggrin: I doubt I'll be anywhere near finished my first playthrough of G3 before NWN2 arrives, but then I can afford to wait for any patches it may need!! :)

"Island Adventures: Horns of Craven," "Island Adventures: Color of Light," and "Darkness Over Daggerford."
You already know I'm a fan ;)

However, not doing anything with NWN or NWN2 at the moment. I'm scared of the NWN2 system requirements

You'll certainy be hearing about how it plays on a variety of systems later this week.

Modding for NWN was fun. I was lead designer of a NWN PW called The Moonshae Isles based very heavily on the Forgotten Realms novels by Douglas Niles. :)

Ok, hobbies...Well, like Lord Alex, writing is my main hobby, though I hope to branch out into a career as a computer gaming magazine editor or I could somehow break into the computer game development biz. Meh, who knows. :rolleyes: Currently, I'm enjoying writing for RPGWatch.com and mmorpg.com. I also enjoy fishing, skiing (though I haven't been in a while) and reading sci-fi and fantasy. I'm currently reading a great sci-fi book called Magic Time: Ghostlands which is set in a post-apocolyptic very near future where those who survived are "changed" in various ways. Some can even harness magic or take on the form of dragons. Plus there's this nationwide EMP that renders everything electrical useless. Anyway, anything post-apocolyptic is cool, am I right Mad Max/Fallout fans? ;)

Last edited:
Hobbies.. Hmm - Alot to talk about. :p

I have some important hobbies in my life - those who doesn't change with time. Such as: Politics [It's a must in Arabia, with all the stuff goin' on], Love [I've been loving one girl for like 4 years..:D], Swimming [Been swimming since i was like 8 years old], and PC of course.

PC: I love RPGs/MMORPGs, especially Gothic(s), and Dungeon Siege. Also some RTS games like "Warcraft" - I'm a big fan of this. But that's not all on PCs - I have a hobby on Scripting with diffrent types/langages, I used to spend 2-3 hours on reading diffrent tutorials on scripting languages [HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP..etc] untill i was addicted to WoW - Which showed the bad side of my PC hobby. :(

-Politics: As it's known, Arabia is living through wages of War & discrimnation, And it's also known how much of a bad image Arabia has to the outer-world [Terrorism, Racism..etc] - So I think it's our duty as the new generation to spread the Truth & Facts (atleast - Our belives). I hope we'll change something in future.

-Swimming: Nothing to tell about it - But something weird on me which is I'm not a Sport(s) Fan at all, but I'm a Swimming Lover. :)

-Love: 1 day before yesterday I met a girl I liked when i was 11 years old, but due to living locations and other stuff I wasn't able to see her untill that Day, she's grown up of course - Grew more beautiful, She did light the fire again in my heart (!!).. And in the mean-time i'm trying to find a way to be able to see her more often. I simply love&honor her. :)

Hope I did the most little number of spelling mistakes. :p

Last edited:
My other hobbies are my family, collecting - mostly tarot decks and action figures - and writing (yes, yet another writer here).

You'll certainy be hearing about how it plays on a variety of systems later this week.

Well, I've got high hopes for the single-player campaign. Supposed to be long with interesting characters, plot twists, etc. so we'll see..... Man, I hate having to upgrade, but I guess it's fast approaching the time I need to do so.

I upgraded for Oblivion, so I'm hoping it lasts for at least a year or two!!

I was able to squeak by with my old system for Oblivion: 3Ghz P4, 1 Gb RAM, ATI 9600 XT, etc. Played on lower-mid settings with shadows off, etc. and it played pretty well. However, NWN2 has higher system requirements and will probably look like a$$ on low settings (not much better than NWN1). So, I don't want to ruin the experience by not playing with a decent PC. I'm thinking I can get by with a vid card upgrade (the new x1650 xt that just came out), and another Gb of RAM. That should at least get me to where I can play at mid-level settings on, so it'll have some of the "next-gen" polish with lighting, etc.

Though it might be sacrilege to state so on these boards, I have to say that FFXII is looking pretty appealing right now as well, and I know that it will run well on my PS2. ;)

Though it might be sacrilege to state so on these boards, I have to say that FFXII is looking pretty appealing right now as well, and I know that it will run well on my PS2. ;)

It is supposedly really good ... and available for $38 from Circuit City ($12 off reg price!). If you're thinking about it you should grab it this week!

Yeah, I was looking at that Circuit City special. Is that special available for in-store pickup? It is sold out on the Circuit City website. If so, I'm probably going to get it, as it won't be that cheap again for weeks (months).

What I was told was that if you can order it through the store you can get it shipped to them or you using the free slow shipping, even if it is marked out of stock. I've not tested that yet.

Hmmm... Ok. I'll give it a try. That price is too good to pass up and it'll keep me happy while I wait for my upgrade for NWN2. Thanks Mike!

Damn, just called the 1-800 and the semi-English speaking representative said that they burned through all their existing stock at the discount price, so sounds like I'm out of luck. :/

Damn, just called the 1-800 and the semi-English speaking representative said that they burned through all their existing stock at the discount price, so sounds like I'm out of luck. :/

My advice (since we're already this deep in the thread hijack) is to print the ad here (also page #9 of the weekly ad) and then go to Best Buy and get them to Price Match. They should.

Sure, and getting those deals is part of your religion, I know, I know.....!! :)

Back
Top Bottom