M&M: Heroes VI - Danse Macabre DLC Available

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I've posted on official Ubi forum when it was announced, I'm not buying.
I have the first DLC, this one is looking similar and as such it's not worth 10$.

I am still waiting for them to remove the DRM that requires you to be online even in single player else you miss out on certain features. I would have bought it a long time ago if it hadn't been for that.

Ubisoft doesn't plan that, not in the near future. Sorry.
But I agree, that's the most annoying thing in the game. You get disconnected in the middle of the fight and then you have to start it all over again, not to mention you're practically forced to make a save after each move so you don't loose much of your progress.

If you buy the Steam version of this, do you still have to maintain a Ubisoft connection? Because, if so, that would be totally beyond the pale.

-Carn

Yes every Ubisoft game requires uplay regardless if it's on steam. You can play the game without connecting but you lose a few game features.

Yikes....well, I won't be buying any Ubisoft games, then. I coulda sworn I read something recently about Ubisoft relaxing their online demands, but I could be wrong about that.

-Carn

Yikes….well, I won't be buying any Ubisoft games, then. I coulda sworn I read something recently about Ubisoft relaxing their online demands, but I could be wrong about that.

-Carn

Only the new games. This game is not new just a collection of dlcs and old main game. It would take time and money to have someone patch it out and I'm sure they wont.

Yikes….well, I won't be buying any Ubisoft games, then. I coulda sworn I read something recently about Ubisoft relaxing their online demands, but I could be wrong about that.

-Carn

The other problem is that you're confusing DRM with "online benefits". Basically, they can remove the DRM from the game, that would mean you don't need an internet connection to play. Another thing is having features only accessible if you play online. This second part is not really DRM. In fact, I decided to play 'offline' M&MH6 a long time ago, so my saves are stored locally. I miss on a few things like 'dynasty weapons' (if that's their name), choosing the class of your story heroes (it's pre-defined per campaign if offline), and the map-perks. But those are really accessory to the games, the game is completely playable without them.

So they penalise you for playing offline? Great, treat you players like thieves.

you can see it that way or see it like they're giving online-only perks

It's still a dick move when you receive the epic item just to have it striped because your not online. You can still play but a nagging voice in your head knows better.

It's just like dlc. You don't need it but something feels wrong when you don't have it.

If it isn't an mmo, you should never lose out on not being online. That's my judgement line right there, and any product that varies from that won't be bought by me, and I'll badmouth it till I get fatigued. Heck, if was FREE and they force me to be online I wouldn't play it.

-Carn

They are just dropping for future games and requiring a one-time activation (without limits on reactivation). If true, I may be willing to purchase Assassin's Creed 3 from them. (Reference: Ubisoft drops DRM)

Back
Top Bottom