Indie RPGs - 50 Most Anticipated Indie Games

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
i wish less pixel art side scrollers and more nice oldschool economic simulations like Fugger 2 /Oil Imperium / Europa 1400: The Guild.

is it so hard to make games like this?

I'm not sure how well it is going to play, but that Eador is one damn fine looking strategy game. It's got kind of a Heroes of M&M look to it. I might have to give that one a go.

Well...all these have cought my eye.

Starbound
The banner saga
Castle story
Path of exile
Cube world
Project zombiod (already bought into)
Starfarrer (already bought into)
Xenonaughts (already kickstarted)
Anything blackwell (great adventure series)

There are a few missing here of course:
malevolence
Conclave
Timber and stone

oh what a great time to be a pc gamer:)

There were about 5 games that I am really interested in. My top two were

1) Lifeless Planet
(joined the mailing list for that one)

2) Among the sleep
(adventure game from a 2 year old perspective)

and with my 10 or so games also coming from Kickstarter, I'm wonder just where is all the gaming time going to come from??????

Starbound looks like Terraria on steroids. Definitely my most anticipated game on that list.

Where are Age of Decadence and Dead State?

Still not making those lists damit :p

These are the games people "anticipate"?

Where has PC gaming come to? These times feel so much like the Amiga scene in 1994 where anything remotely acceptable was hailed as the Second Coming.

IMHO only Path of Exile, Zeno Clash 2, Starforge and Routine seem to be up to standards.

Heaven Variant, Dungeon Dashers and Banner Saga may be worthwile from a retro perspective.

Americana Dawn looks interesting, though. 1 out of about 100, duh.

Owlboy, DataJack, Distance, Barkley 2, Apotheon, Dungeon Dashers, and Banner Saga all are on my radar, out of the big list. The second list below features Overgrowth, Sang-Froid, Underrail, Sir You Are Being Hunted, Cardinal Quest 2 and the new Eador.

And to the hilarious troll with the anti-steam avatar (seriously: LOL), would you prefer a list of the 15 AAA games coming out this year? A string of samey FPS's and TPS's that bring nothing new at all? I'm quite glad that the indie world looks like the Amiga during its heydey on its surface. Tons of interesting ideas, creative gameplay concepts and a plethora of unique art styles.

=)

I find it funny the only games he finds "acceptable" are the most generic.

And to the hilarious troll with the anti-steam avatar (seriously: LOL), would you prefer a list of the 15 AAA games coming out this year? A string of samey FPS's and TPS's that bring nothing new at all? I'm quite glad that the indie world looks like the Amiga during its heydey on its surface. Tons of interesting ideas, creative gameplay concepts and a plethora of unique art styles.

=)

I ain't a troll, bugger - so leave it be.

1994 Amiga heyday? Serious, how old are you? I tend to play CRPGs since 1985 and consider myself an experienced gamer and watcher of the market. I have been there and witnessed the demise of the 8- and 16-bit era from within. It was painful and nothing of it was interesting. One of the reasons for the rise of PC gaming after Wolfenstein3D was that the DOS games were a lot more intresting than the low-budet "creative" concepts on the home computers.

If the Indie scene wants to be the "new shit" then it has to change its direction entirely:
- get independant of STEAM
- find a retail system (get together and build up sth like GAMECOCK)
- find appealing concepts (and yes there some - Faery comes to mind)
- lose the artsy for being artsy attitude - noone likes it

@rune
Why do they look generic? Care to explain?

I meant that you go but visuals and nothing else. Shallow.

Did you look at xenonaughts? what's wrong with it?

I meant that you go but visuals and nothing else.

You haven't played Xeno clash did you?Bunch of unusual and bizarre characters and combat that is not most original but certainly not seen that often.Really what is generic about it?Also Path of exile uses active skill and currency systems that are pretty original.

On topic my most anticipated indies:
Underrail which isn't even on list
Eschalon book III as I said many times I am big fan of series
Xenonauts I am fan of Xcom and while actual Xcom sequel was ok it didn't deliver imo
Age of decadence

Back
Top Bottom