Age of Mythology - happy happy joy joy

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
happy happy joy joy

One of the best RTS in HISTORY, MAN!!!
Love this game, I'm happy it's getting a new coat of paint and I dont have to break out my old disks and stuff. Totally worth the 20.oo imo, I've been waiting for this one

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266840/

Age of Mythology
The classic real time strategy game that transports players to a time when heroes did battle with monsters of legend and the gods intervened in the affairs of mortals.
Use mythological creatures like Minotaurs and Cyclopes to bolster your armies' strength. Call upon the gods for assistance in flattening enemy towns with meteors or scatter opposing troops with lightning storms.

The Extended Edition includes:
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Golden Gift Campaign

New in the Extended Edition:

Improved Visuals
Time of Day
Improved water
Shadows
Bump / Specular maps
Global Lighting
Antialiasing & Ambient Occlusion
Full Steamworks Integration
Workshop mod manager
Multiplayer
Achievements
Trading Cards
Leagues / Badges / Events
Cloud saves
Extended Features
Twitch Integration
Treaty Mode
Enhanced Observer mode

I could never get into AoM for some reason. I think it was the difficulty. I found the default setting to be too easy, but Hard was somewhat frustrating to me.

Why is this not happening to System Shock!

Probably because it wasn't a big hit :(

As for this one... If it's the same treatment they recently gave Age of Kings - I'll pass. What a trivial upgrade that was.

I could never get into AoM for some reason. I think it was the difficulty. I found the default setting to be too easy, but Hard was somewhat frustrating to me.
I might try it then. I totally suck at RTS, but I refuse to play in 'easy' for some stupid internal brain issue, so I just decided to not play RTSs. but if AoM is really easy in 'Normal' difficulty, I might give it a go. For the record, I could never finish Warcraft 3 or Age of Empires 1.

I liked game when it came out , I liked it more than age of empire(I never really cared much for the series there where much better RTS at the time each game came out imo) games despite horrible balancing and it look like that hasn't been touched and other upgrades seem minor so I will skip this for now I might get it when if it drops to around 5€.

The first Age of Empires was not very good - but Age of Empires 2 was FANTASTIC at the time of release.

To me, it was the peak of the series.

I still play this game occasionally :) I'm yet to score a win in titan difficulty which is absolutely insane! I did win a few games in hard settings, but JDR is correct is a sense, anything lower than hard difficulty is too easy.

Sometimes I like playing the easier so that I can really spend time creating the perfect little Egyptian city or whatever :biggrin:

Shouldn't you be playing SimCity then? :biggrin: You are a gyppo fan? I'm a Norse fan! :)

Ooh Age of Mythology. I still play that from time to time, as I consider it the most fun of the "Age of" series. It really is an excellent game. I don't really see the need for an update though, as the interface works just fine, but I'll probably give this a go when it's out.

One of the very few RTS's that I have enjoyed over the years, always liked the Greek mythology setting and the Extended Edition will give me a reason to get reacquainted with this classic.

Back
Top Bottom