Demonicon - Screens @ Worthplaying

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Worthplaying has eight new screens from The Dark Eye: Demonicon. Here's a snip from press release accompanying them:
Bracknell, UK, 14th March, 2012 - In the world of Demonicon, there is only darkness and the grey line that divides man from demons. Today, Kalypso Media is pleased to release new screenshots which illustrate the darkness that permeates the world of Demonicon, the action-RPG set for release on PC and next generation consoles in Q1 2013. Download the new screenshot pack for a look into a world where heroes are few and far between, and the line between good and evil is razor thin.
More information.

Is this a console GUI I see in pic #6???

Last I read was that they're changing the game into a Witcher clone.

If it is going to be a clone of The Witcher it would be much better then the Diablo clone they were going for before.

Edit : Fanboy rant !

In the world of Demonicon, there is only darkness and the grey line that divides man from demons.

:wall:

Oh dear ! What have they done with Aventuria ?

I do know that the place within Aventuria, where this game takes place, is really dark, but why did they use these words ??? WTF ???

Instead of writing "in the world of Demonicon", they should at least have been so fair to say "within this part of Aventuria" !

It's … As if I was saying that "in the world of Skyrim, dark, grey stones are everywhere and only a grey line that divides heroes from dead heroes".

Err … Or, to put it much more cynically, it reads as if I was saying : "in the world of Skyrim, only colourful and well-smelling blossoms follow the hero's path everywhere and there is a lighthearted border between having sex with a fairy and having sex with a dryad." In this sense.

In short : The description resembles Aventuria not even in the slightest sense. The Black Lands/Shadowlands, yes, maybe, but not in this brutality. Okay, some pen & paper players do see it as being that brutal, but not me.

:wall:

The whole game doesn't resemble Aventuria much. As someone said before, it looks more and more like a Witcher clone set in a world with the same name as the one the pen&paper players know... Anyway, who the f... pays these guys for developing a game for more than 4 years? Two Drakensang titles have been shipped since I heard the first time from this game...

Anyway, who the f… pays these guys for developing a game for more than 4 years? Two Drakensang titles have been shipped since I heard the first time from this game…

Didn't you notice that the first developers went bancrupt ? An tht Kalypso found an almost empty shell ? Rumor says that the first developers just did so much that they could present some screenshots - and not much more.

Then Kalypso bought the remains (or was it Deep Silver ?), and commenced *real* development.

Interesting. If they have changed direction in the favor of depth it is worth keeping an eye on at least.

if it is anything like the witcher 1 i am buying it , i am expecting
  • no moral compass
  • foul language
  • complex story
  • multiple endings
  • nudity
  • complex diversified skill tree
  • indriguing dialogue
  • ability to slaughrer children and deflower virgins
  • badass ugly / scared hero
  • +30 age rating

Well I like it looks better than the first preview before the previous developer went under.

Back
Top Bottom