The Banner Saga - Preview @ VGU

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
VGU is the next site to post a preview for The Banner Saga.

Everything I played during the short snippet I saw was brutal. The combat is unforgiving and challenging, marching from A to B is a crawl, and the characters are worn-down husks. It’s a hard land, filled with hard decisions. While it thankfully gives you the time to mull over your choices, that doesn’t make them any easier. If this is a taster to only the first chapter in a planned trilogy, I have high hopes for Stoic’s Nordic adventure when it comes out January 14th. The sun may be stuck in the sky, but things don’t seem to be getting any brighter.
More information.

Pre-load is available for backers, at least, on Steam. I've got mine all set to go. The email said they're still working with GOG on a DRM-free copy, and backers can get both copies. Nice move there.

Hmm..I backed at 50$ so I got the special edition. I did get my key but and added it to steam, but it didn't let me pre-load the game.

Hmm...maybe the special addition is a different build with stuff added into the actual game. Don't really know. Steam gave me the option to pre-load right after redeeming the key.

Back
Top Bottom