Black Isle Fundraiser

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Black Isle Website offers a new trailer introducing their "Mayan Apocalypse Replacement Program," a humorous take on the humorous notion that an ancient civilization would be able to pin down the end of humankind to the precise day.

This is all part of a fundraising effort for PV13, the upcoming project from the recently revived developer. The clip concludes with the developers introducing themselves and their pride in having participated in development of Fallout.

The campaign differs from Kickstarter by not making any sort of commitment on how user contributions will impact development of the game, as all the backer rewards involve forum privileges.

Link-http://blackisle.com/
Link-http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=MiEI18nb-dU#!
Link-http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-20-black-isle-returns-with-odd-crowdfunding-pitch-for-post-apocalyptic-strategy-rpg

We all know how nostalgia and industry names will take you don't we. They fail just look at a bunch of recent failed rpg kickstarters.

Do we know who's involved here? Is there anyone at all from the old Black Isle? How did someone get hold of the name?

Do we know who's involved here? Is there anyone at all from the old Black Isle? How did someone get hold of the name?

As far as I can tell there just using the name that interplay has owned since there collapse. The fallout MMO failed and it's the same people that developed that game .

The video shows a few names but if they worked on fallout they were just minor roles. The game sounds interesting though just check out there webpage.

bah. Hervé trying to make some easy money again.

bah. Hervé trying to make some easy money again.

Well if he can deliver what is promised then fine but we all know the likely outcome already.

So they don't offer a copy of the game?

It's more like a fundraiser not a kickstarter at this time.
Will my contribution get me a copy of the Project V13 game if it is released?

No. This campaign isn't meant to fund the final PV13 video game.

So what DO I get?
"What's in it for me?" It's a fair question. Your contribution at $10 and up will get you access to news, special updates, and content from the new Black Isle Studios - PV13 forums. At $20 and over, you will achieve special insider status and you will be able to participate in a restricted area of the forum to interact directly with the BIS game designers - make suggestions, discuss our progress, ask us what we had for lunch…

You will receive a certificate of appreciation documenting your efforts to prevent the End of Time. You will also receive a special Black Isle Mayan Apocalypse Replacement (BIMAR) virtual backer badge for display in your forum profile and in game if we successfully launch. The certificate and BIMAR backer badge will be tied to your level of contribution and will demonstrate to others the level of your ongoing support. The top 20 contributors will each receive a unique BIMAR badge reflecting their outstanding commitment to saving the world.

We may hold other promotions in the future that offer forum or in-game badges as rewards, but this will be your ONLY chance to earn the BIMAR badge to show that you supported this project from the beginning. So act now!

When will the new Black Isle Studios forums open?

Assuming we get the support necessary to Save the World, we should have the forums up and running in about 30 days (approximately the end of January). Shortly before then, we will make a further announcement and send email notifications inviting contributors to register. NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED NOW, AT THE TIME YOU MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION, NOT AT THE TIME THE FORUM OPENS.

Sounds great, but what will you do with my money?

We have been working hard behind the scenes to resume operations as Black Isle Studios. Since we are no longer constrained by licensing issues, we have the opportunity to build a new IP from the ground up and there is a lot more latitude to unleash our creativity, try some new ideas and even incorporate your suggestions. Our goal at this stage is threefold: 1) prove to management that you want Black Isle Studios resurrected - and all the history and tradition of excellence that goes with it; 2) to continue to staff up BIS and complete our PV13 game design; and 3) to develop a tech demo/ proof of concept for our design that will open the doors to additional funding.

Man, I know saying this is sacriledge, but I wish EA or Ubisoft skip buying THQ and grab rights on BiS name. A lesser evil.

h9C7CCE87

I hope they fail so miserably so no one dares to try something like this ever again.

Funny thing is some kickstarters used fundraisers also. It's a double edged sword that can be misused. People didn't call them out.

I'm willing to give them a chance as there only asking for chump change not millions. $5-10 wont be missed.

Back
Top Bottom