Elemental: War of Magic - New Producer Interview

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Big Download has an interview with Brad Wardell and the newly hired producer, Derek Paxton:
First, for people who might not know you, can you give us a little about your background in gaming and mod making?

I'm a huge fan of turn based strategy games, so much so that I created the Fall from Heaven mod for Civilization IV. I was fortunate enough to gather a group of talented artists, writers and designers from the mod community to work on that game. Fall from Heaven is a dark fantasy strategy game and listed as #2 in PC Gamer Magazine's 'Top 200 Reasons to love PC gaming' (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=21399) and is the world's most popular mod for Civilization IV.
More information.

Sounds good. I am looking forward to what Derek Paxton and the team can achieve and will definitely continue to watch this game.

Actually, I would love to see them succeed in their steadfast support for Elemental: maybe it will make other publishers think about the losses they incur by immediately ceasing to support games with a less than stellar reception at release.

Sounds good. I am looking forward to what Derek Paxton and the team can achieve and will definitely continue to watch this game.

Actually, I would love to see them succeed in their steadfast support for Elemental: maybe it will make other publishers think about the losses they incur by immediately ceasing to support games with a less than stellar reception at release.

This I agree with, then again this game should have never been released in the state that it was in.

This I agree with, then again this game should have never been released in the state that it was in.

True, and there is no good excuse for it, either.

On the other hand, mistakes happen, to everyone. They are inevitable, and how you react to your own mistakes is one of the most important aspects of your personality, determining whether you can learn and avoid them in the future and contain their impact in the presence. How you live in the good times might demonstrate your abilities, but does not really tell that much about your character ;)

It is not much different for companies. Should the people at Stardock manage to realise their vision of Elemental becoming a worthy successor to Master of Magic and fulfil original expectations, the customers' will finally get what they paid for, and Stardock's credibility will certainly not suffer from it, either.

Last edited:
I bought into the hype that the game would be a successor to A master of Magic and it inst.From the start the maps are bland and have no color and then lets not forget the maps use to much memory then crash your game.I know they claimed to have fixed these problems but I will wait for the 1.1 patch if I decide to touch it again.

Excellent news, I thought fall from heaven 2 was fantastic and am really looking forward to seeing what Kael can do in house.

Back
Top Bottom