Van Helsing - Gameplay Video @ Softpedia

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Softpedia has a quick look at the The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing and includes a gameplay video also.

The story is set in 19th century in Eastern Europe in a world full of magic, monsters and weird technology.

As a RPG fan, I found this steampunk universe intricately depicted by Neocore, starting from monsters that freely roam the fictional kingdom of Borgovia and continuing with the plethora of weapons, armors, skills and perks including in the game.

I cannot refrain from comparing Van Helsing with Diablo III and Torchlight II. Even though the former borrows lots of RPG elements from the other two, it takes all those features to a whole new level.

The main protagonists, Van Helsing and his ghost(ly) companion Katarina, will make use of a wide range of weapons, including revolvers, swords, muskets and rifles.

There are all sorts of actions that you can predefine for your companion, like allowing her to collect all loot that drops from monsters.

You can set Katarina's behavior or how exactly you want her to fight: melee, ranged or ghost. The latter only provides buffs to your character, but it's extremely useful in boss fights.

Your character's skill tree is huge and it's split in three categories: Mystic Warrior (melee), Occult Hunter (ranged) and Auras. There are no classes in this game, so you can choose the skills that define your play style.

The good news is that you can level up your companion as well. Although Katarina's skill tree is not that big, I found most of the abilities extremely powerful.
More information.

I got my key in the e-mail so I can check it out when I get home. Hope the complete game feels as polished as the demo did.

Just downloading this now from steam. Was very reasonably priced at just over £10. Hoping it's at least as good as TL2 ... except with some atmosphere and humour perhaps.

I was shocked by the size - the closed beta was 8GB, but the full game is now 20GB?!? Now to see how should I fit that on my laptop SSD :)

I was shocked by the size - the closed beta was 8GB, but the full game is now 20GB?!? Now to see how should I fit that on my laptop SSD :)

Was wondering why it was taking all night to download. Obviously there is lots of deep content that no one has plumbed yet.

I just hope they are not using WAV and BMPs :)

It's Neocore that should of clued many of you in. King Arthur 2 and the prologue was over 20+ gigs.:)

20 GB? Optimization is gone. They can afford though: the game probably plays well under a PC potential.

What 20Gb are we talking about here? Min. requirements perhaps?

Installation is 8.3Gb. Of the full game, yes.

Back
Top Bottom