Not a game but a smartwatch

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Only 4 days left to pledge.

Stumbled upon this and got a huge problem. It's december!
If it was any other month, I'd pledge on this instantly.

Guys, tell me, should I still go for it:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neptune/neptune-pine-smartwatch-reinvented

c74dc07f76d8128e3a878dcfe48ae96c_large.jpg

What do you mean with why? Install Viber on your smartphone, that's reason #1. Viber, as it's not free only first year but lifetime unlike some other scam apps.

What do you mean with why? Install Viber on your smartphone, that's reason #1. Viber, as it's not free only first year but lifetime unlike some other scam apps.

Another one? I don't text or call much, but it seems to me every year a new company comes and goes (ICU, AIM, Skype, Wassap, and I'm probably forgetting some).

I don't get it why would you need to have wifi on your smartwatch ?

You have Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone...

Let me describe the practical use of it then.
I live in a small town. I don't carry my laptop when I'm out on a coffee and I contact my friends via Viber (as it's free messaging and calls). And every single bar here (tourism rocks) has free WiFi. None of them have bluetooth, infrared or whatnot, and even if they did, do you really believe they'd allow me to connect to their PC just because of my pretty eyes?
Which brings more things too. Do you really believe 3G/4G can stream youtube vids better than WiFi? :)

Oh and I call and text very much and very often. My iPhone is used as a phone, not as a gaming console.

It basically replaces a smartphone...but it seems too large for my taste.

Exactly, that's why I'm not sure should I grab it or keep my decision (no december stuff). I mean… It's not a watch, it's a phone. But only a phone - it's not a new gameboy with another name and fancy looks. And after Nokia 3310/3330, a phone being a phone and not something else is what I want.

And it's not too big really, it's small enough to carry it on a wrist unlike iPhone/HTC/Samsung new gameboys.

Well, I don't think the watch would be optimal to stream youtube videos anyway, and with the resolution they have 3g/4g would probably be more than enough for streaming, as well as running viber etc.

The only advantage would be if traffic is very expensive over your 3g/4g I guess.

After thinking it over, I've decided to back it. When it comes, I'll share pics and impressions ofc.

In fact I've chosen to back it after this thread and after asking almost all of my friends (two are not reachable at the moment). Only one said I shouldn't go for it because of superhigh taxes we pay here on importing stuff, so the more rational way is to be patient and wait for EU stores to offer it. But till that happens I will probably die. Just like no EU store offers v101 hoodie and sneakers for ages, not even bethesda's official partner store.

Thanks everyone for participating.

I stopped wearing a watch many years back. Not sure I'd start wearing one again just to get a bunch of miniaturized tech.

When the iPhone came around, I asked: "who needs that crap?"
When the iPad came around, I asked: "who needs that crap?"

Now this is coming around, and I say: "I'll probably get that crap!"

I've learned my lesson!

But I'm not going to back it.

:)

Go for it wire, looks nifty. I'm still waiting on Nitro shipment so I can share some pics and write some impressions which won't be soon - customs here are slow and are pain in the arse when it comes to importing stuff. Pay here, pay there, pay everywhere... Bloody taxes on everything.

I just realized this was a "local" project (well very close to where I work anyway) heh…and of course my Smartphone died on me this week…Let me know how it is when you get it Joxer :)

Don't worry I'll make pics and try stuff thoroughly, probably buy a number (microsim) because I'm not sure if the company I work for would allow me to use their number on "untested" gadget.
Should be shipped this month and since I'm in Europe, it'll come here next month most probably.

Back
Top Bottom