Bioshock - New Trailer

I'm going to buy this game the day its released, I just wish it was a PC only title. I'm sure it will be a great game, but something tells me the XBox interface will rear its ugly head with this game. Sigh.

I'm going to buy this game the day its released, I just wish it was a PC only title. I'm sure it will be a great game, but something tells me the XBox interface will rear its ugly head with this game. Sigh.
Probably will, but I honestly thing the days of egregious Deus Ex Invisible War stuff are gone.

An entirely different team is working on the PC version, including the interface, which is gonna be tailor-made for the PC. There were some GUI screens up not so long ago.

Pretty nice trailer, showed some of those special powers too.

An entirely different team is working on the PC version, including the interface, which is gonna be tailor-made for the PC. There were some GUI screens up not so long ago.

Yeah, I saw some screens at IGN as well and they looked pretty good, but when you share a codebase for the core game there are bound to be compromises, but at least we know it is nothing like what had to happen for the original XBOX.

Wow, fantastic.

It looks like they were playing it on a Cray XT4 which means it will not look half as good on my PC. Oh well.

They interviewed a half dozen devs in that video and I think every single one of them said first person shooter repeatedly. Is this an RPG?

Probably will, but I honestly thing the days of egregious Deus Ex Invisible War stuff are gone.

That's what I thought until Oblivion came along.

It seems like a lot of developers still haven't gotten the message. But at least Irrational appears to have gotten it.

That's what I thought until Oblivion came along.

It seems like a lot of developers still haven't gotten the message. But at least Irrational appears to have gotten it.
I am not saying that Oblivion isn't console-centric in terms of interface design, but some parts of the DX:IW interface were just plain broken for us early adopters and had things like 'comment out if not on XBOX' and crap like that. It is clear that any release that is multi-platform has to have a 'primary target', and that is rarely the PC. It is nice when the core code can be worked on and then interfaces done separately as in Bioshock so that the best job for each can be put forth (I hope!)

Back
Top Bottom