Heroes of Might & Magic VI - Combat Trailer

I'm liking the strategy and unity interaction elements that were displayed - particularly units like the praetorian and sisters. I remember even heroes 4 at least boiled down to making as many top or second to top tier creatures as you could and only adding the other units if you had extra resources to spend. It seems like they're trying to make more of the units, or at least their upgraded versions, retain a purpose beyond that of placeholders until you can build the higher tier dwellings.

The pacing is painfully slow, though unless they decide to do something completely different in terms of allowable settings I'm sure that will be something you can adjust. I remember that by the time I had gone more than 20 minutes into any of the previous heroes games I tended to turn animation/movement speeds to maximum/skip. Heroes games can be of epic length so pretty horsey animations and such never seemed worth the extra time they took.

Glad one of my favorite franchises is still alive though - and actually evolving while also hearkening back to the classics. Having heroes directly involved in combat like regular units made them far too easy to lose and so I'm glad they've returned to their old role as sort of behind the lines generals. The might attack is a nice option though - as might heroes lack of spell effectiveness could make them feel more like they were just glorified item holders to give the army bonuses. Still non snipe-able heroes means you don't have to cripple your AI to make hard fights winnable.

Last edited:
After to have played King's Bounty the Legend I found the HoMM V fights, plain boring.

I hope they have targeted this in the VI, but for sure as always I'll buy any HoMM released on Mac. But since HoMM III I haven't played any fully and deeply.

HoMM 1-3 surely were the best of the series. It seems they sort of return to the virtues of the past with graphics of the present. Looks good so far.

HoMM 1-3 surely were the best of the series. It seems they sort of return to the virtues of the past with graphics of the present. Looks good so far.

That's nostalgia talking. HoMM2 and 3 were good, but 1? lol.
In order of my preference:
(or maybe last 2 would be 1 4, not sure)

3, 2, 4, 1, 5 in my opinion, but that doesn't mean 1 and 5 are bad; it just means the others are even better. The whole series is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, I'll be getting 6 as well, no doubt about it.

3, 2, 4, 1, 5 in my opinion, but that doesn't mean 1 and 5 are bad; it just means the others are even better. The whole series is fantastic as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, I'll be getting 6 as well, no doubt about it.

Yeah 3 was the best from what I remember. But I think that if I replay now the 3, I'll still enjoy the strategical level design and the design of the campaign but my fun will be decreased a lot by the comparison of the fights with the fights of King's Bounty The Legend.

I have to agree Dasale. After playing the newer Kings Bounty games the combat in HOM&M was just not as fun.

I guess the big question in my mind before I buy it is if it is still going to have that terrible always Internet connected DRM that UBISoft used on some recent titles.

Agree, I havent been able to go back the Heroes at all after playing the KB series.

As for my favourites, I believe each one got better than the last.......until H5 was released.

So, H4, H3, H2, H1, H5.

Heroes IV just wasn't regular heroes game - focus shifted too much on heroes themselves, so in some of the latter levels you didn't even have to build armies, because heroes were sweeping the battlegrounds alone.

King's Bounty definitely upped the ante in fun. I loved the units, the artifact battles, and the simplicity of management. But I also felt like all the fights were basically about attrition and it was too easy to get units. It didn't feel very sophisticated, strategy-wise.

Back
Top Bottom