Why?

I have a theory - that is just a theory ofcourse, that "smaller" "communities" usually is friendlier than "large" ones - anyone know the reason for this by the way?

I guess it's because fewer people becomes friends faster. I find that theory a bit off though, because small communities might also be faster to gangbash newcomers who are new to "their place". RPGWatch have generally been friendly and respectful to newcomers, even those who begin to break the rules.

My theory is that RPGWatch is mostly made up by people who are RPG veterans. This means three things; 1. People with an intellectual hobby are usually of an above average intellect. 2. We are generally older than regular gamers. 3. Above average intellect + Age tend to mean an above average education.

These three traits; intellect, age and education tend to make people less aggressive, more pragmatic and diplomatic in the way we communicate with others.

i hate posts titled like this.

Why?

Why what? Put a hint as to what the nature of the thread is, so everyone doesnt have to click on your thread to see what it's about. I aint got all minute

Agreed xSamhainx. I apologise for wasting your time. I'm learning. BTW thanks for your post elsewhere about graphic problems with BG. The info from there has helped.

I have a theory - that is just a theory ofcourse, that "smaller" "communities" usually is friendlier than "large" ones - anyone know the reason for this by the way?

I'd agree. I made a similar experience.

Maybe JemyM has put some truth into it with the point of in smaller communities people become faster kind of friends.

One point, though, I'm currently thinking of is that maybe the intellectual level might be a little bit higher than in "average" forums - i often see excellent, although heated, discussions here with an imho very high degree of reasoning.

This thought is kind pof a spin-off of another thought, namely that people who tend to be(come) rather hardcore players might perhaps have a higher level/degree of intelligence than the "main stream", too. Because, I thought, that people who want more demanding and especially more complex games might have a higher degree of intelligence to handle a higher degree of complexity, too.

This is a thought I'm currently following, but I can't say what might turn out of it.

We have a poll here which shows that the majority of our visitors are well over 18+!! :)

Back
Top Bottom