Online PnP RPGing ?

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Hello, I have been playing RPGs for a while now, but some of the 'older' people here and on some other sites refer to the great time they playing PnP RPGs with their friends.
Since most of my friends don't play RPGs and can't even be bothered for a game of Risk, Stratego or Monopoly I don't think they would want to play a PnP. I AM interested in playing a PnP RPG, well at least once, to see if I might like it or not.
Do any of you know of a site/forum where people play PnP RPGs online ?
Do I NEED to buy anything or can I go along without any books ?

Thx everyone.

www.myth-weavers.com is the best place.

Its good to buy basic 3.5e D&D books, HOWEVER you can use the SRD 3.5 to play, which is free at http://www.d20srd.org/

There is also www.dndonlinegames.com.

I used to play forum-based PnP (was a DM) but I find that it is too time-consuming and proddingly slow... plus PC games are way better.

Last edited:
So this is how heaven feels like, eh? Too bad I'm never gonna make it there, but still:

*bows before Ammon*

Check your permissions; I logged straight into it. Perhaps your PC has some access restrictions on it.

Maybe try a different browser, in case there's something wrong with its settings.. Otherwise, dunno, have you had that kind of problem before?

I can't seem to be able to enter it, either...

I personally know a hat room where a script for "rolling a dice" is implemented.

You write in it for example /dice - and then you get some random number.

In that specific chatroom, you can even set the numbers available with that command - but I haven't used it in ages, so I don't remember it anymore. It could've been /dice6 or so.

So at least this exists.

No prob! I like MMOs better since all my 3.5e d20 books I bought are going to be out-of-date when 4.0E comes out, and... well... that ruins it for me... I spent over a thousand dollars on books only to have them pretty much worthless in 5 more years, so Ive closed that chapter of my life, heh. No more D&D for me at all. Its not worth it when they keep changing the rules from under us. First 2.0 now this.

But those links are good for anyone wanting to do that.

Damn. And here's poor ol' me still dipping into my first edition Fiend Folio on occasion. Thanks for letting me know it's all obsolete and ruined.

Seriously, Ammon -- you appear to have critically failed a Will save against a Suggestion cast by Wizards of the Coast.

Books are worthless if you dont have anyone to play it with, like me, im stuck in Montana with nobody in reasonable driving distance that plays D&D, plus I have no car in the first place... Playing it online was my only option and really, I spent over 1000 to 2000 dollars last couple years on d20 books, while I love the books, playing online is far too slow. It takes, on forum-based games, like 2-3 days to play ONE ROUND of combat. no thanks. And on chat-client games, most of the people fail to consistently show up. another bad thing with online. A couple times in a chat game, the damned DM didnt even show up to run the game... twice.

4e is supposed to ship with online tools so you can play on the inter-net better I guess. Thing is, PnP won't be the same like that - meeting up and playing was part of the fun back then (well back then for me as I haven't had the chance to PnP in many years).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom