The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I can bring a level 5 Monk or Bard to play as well as my Cleric. My Paladin is level 8, so won't be joining in as the XP penalty would be too great to justify. It just depends on whether we try to finish StK, and what the party needs. If Peter brings in his level 7 Cleric, I'll probably only run mine if we finish StK. If not, I may bring in my Bard.

Having logged on, ain't be no way Phuury will make level 5. I'm 20k XP away. I thought I was within 3k. Cleric is even further away.

That's OK, we'll look after your wimpy level 4 char!! :)

My highest level cleric Rolf Peter Manstein participated in his first raid (Tempest Spine on elite in House Jorasco). It was very challenging fighting fire giants, beholders and worse monsters, but he did well and was recommended after the raid. I mainly took care of heals and some buffs and stayed out of most battles. We had some deaths, but with raise dead we got them back to life. The raid is level 11 (probably one of the easiest ones). The loot was quite good and I now have some nice items to share with you. :) XP was good too and I earned about 20k from the raid.

I played some other quests too and got my cleric up to level 11. Now he has blade barrier (a level 6 cleric spell). This spell is awesome and works like fire wall for the wizard. A fire wall is a must for the wizard (I have 2 scrolls to share with Corwin's character so he can inscribe it).

Blade barrier makes a circle around the cleric for 1d6 damage per level (max 15). Reflex save halves the damage. I use the maximize feat so I inflict 6 * 11 = 66 damage (33 if save) each time a monster crosses the barrier. It's up long enough to last the entire fight. This means that people who get hurt can move into the barrier to make the monsters take serious damage when they follow. The cleric can cast his spells almost without getting aggro due to the barrier.

I also use the spell with heightened and quickened so it can't be stopped and the saving is harder. The major weakness of blade barrier is that it takes a long time to cast, but with quickened feat it's ok. With quickened the spell can't be interrupted.

Fire wall is a level 4 wizard spell and is good too. It does 2d6 damage + 1 per level to monsters crossing the wall and 2d4 damage to monsters close to the wall. Undead takes double damage. The wall is good to place in a corridor or a corner of a room so the monsters must cross it to get to the PC's. Fire wall also benefits from maximize and other spell feats.

Just entered the adventure.
My name is Akarthis and i'm sure my scouting abilities will be,soon, appreciated.

Feel free to find the guild on Fridays at 6pm CDT. RPGWatch is the name. We are currently all at or one above level 5 on the average. Several play during the week with alt characters and enjoy teaming up. That would be a good way to get to level 5 or 6 faster.
We use Skype for game voice chat. Several of us have our skype contact info listed here. So feel free to send a request to be added to any of us, just be sure you let us know you are from the Watch. lol

The other key element is that we play on the Khyber server!!

Yes, yes. I am at that server. Although i am spending more of the time at the bar drinking.

Been there, done that!! :) Playing with a team helps!!

1- its bloody hard to reply here on a cell

2- i have ot tomorrow but i dont know how long. if i leave at lunch itll be fine. otherwise i wont get home until 6:15 depending on traffic so ill be a little late.

Got my other paladin up to level 10 and he saved a lot of nice items to share with you. Some of them are specifically for halflings. So maybe we will use the first minutes in tomorrow's gaming session at the bank sharing items. So I think you won't miss our questing. :) We will probably be in Three Barrel Cove and we can explore the outdoors areas first.

I don't know how you get them so high so quickly!! I haven't played all week since I've been out and busy, so this week's game will be the first time with DDO since last week's session. I thought when I retired that I would have lots more free time to play. Ha!! :)

I thought retired meant you were tired all the time? :p

I don't know either, since I was unemployed for 3 months, and never got anyone close save Rachail. And I had Peter help me push her to 9.

It's hard to say whether it'll be an issue or not. I know I'm working until lunch at least, maybe 2-3 in the afternoon, maybe a full day. While I get off in time technically to make it in, I usually spend an hour sitting in traffic. Then again, today I managed to get up to 20mph on the expressway! A record! :p Managed to shift into 3rd a few times.

It's not that hard getting up the levels. If you play quests in PUG's you often play hard and elite and many of the quests are level 6-9 so you don't get XP penalties. Many quests give 5k or better XP per part.

I make sure I only use Peter Policus (level 7 cleric) and Peter Stauffenberg (level 8 paladin) for Friday guild play or helping one of you get another level. Karl Peter Aspensten (level 10 paladin) and Rolf Peter Manstein (level 11 paladin) will only play in PUG's or with your characters that get past level 8 (only azraelck's characters so far).

By doing this I have a cleric and paladin for everyday use and a cleric and paladin for guild use. This way I won't advance too far ahead of you. The best about this solution is that my everyday characters will get nice items I can share with all of you (including my guild characters). :) That means we have a better chance to survive. Sometimes I have items you can't use yet, but getting them is good anyway because you can store them in the bank and know you don't have to search for them.

There are specific weapon types you need to look for.

Ghost touch: Works against wraiths, spectres and shadows
Holy or pure good: Ghostly skeletons etc.
Silver: Vampires, werewolves etc.
Metalline: many different types in one weapon. So these are great.

So it's a good idea to look for weapons with special abilities to be able to hit special monsters. Yesterday my paladin was in a fight against a vampire and a mummy. Those are rather nasty. E. g. you need protection vs evil when fighting vampires or you will be fascinated and attack your friends instead. The mummy had to be lured into sunlight to be damaged. In the darkness he was invulnerable.

Ok, so I got off after only 6 hours. So I'll be in.

Metalline act as any material-type DR beater (Silver, Cold Iron, Adamantine, etc...), which is why they are ridiculously high in the AH. A Metalline weapon will replace pretty much anything but Holy/PG and Ghost Touch.

I rarely pug, especially with my Cleric, which is why I don't gain levels very often. Then again, having 6-7 characters I jump between plus the random ones I goof off with every so often means I'm never on with a single character that much.

Yep, since I will only play with guild members, it will take me years to climb through the levels with every character!! :)

There's also the XP pots you can get on the store. And I think Delera's has an item that gives you +5% XP. That should help, but it costs real money. Something I'd rather spend on new content, not shortening the xp grind.

Ha, I have one of those XP pots and I forgot all about using it today!! :(

Back
Top Bottom