Loki - English Preview Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From the official site:
Focus Home Interactive and Cyanide Studio are equipping gamers for a fantastic adventure with the release of this single-player demo for Loki, the legendary hack 'n slash RPG for PC.
In this 991 MB demo, players will jump into the blood-soaked boots of the Norse Warrior, one of the four characters available in the full game. The Norse Warrior is the toughest and most brutal character in the game, and prefers to deal death with two-handed weapons - including his trademark battle axe. As part of the demo campaign, players will have to collect elements needed to defeat Fenrir the legendary giant wolf and will also be able to level their character up to a max of 20 - which means several hours of hack ‘n slash fun for those who will want to explore the skill tree of the Scandinavian hero (200 is the maximum level you can reach in the game). In order to do this, players will face hundreds of enemies, wild beasts and other dangerous creatures that live in Myllkwoord forest, in the volcano and in the dungeons of the goblin city.

The demo is available at the following mirrors:

GameSpot
GamersHell
Filefront
Metaboli
Fileshack
...and Gameguru Mania also wrote to us with a mirror.
More information.

I'm already about half-way through the demo and although I'm enjoying the action, I'm not very impressed with the game, it's just too simple for my taste. It's somewhat comparable to Titan Quest but with better graphics and animation imo. Everything except for the camera is controlled by the mouse, which is one of the main things I don't like about it.

You can zoom in quite close to the action in this game, almost to the point where it's in a 3rd person view, which is why I think it would have been great had they allowed keyboard movement in this game rather than mouse only.

If you liked Diablo and TQ then it's a pretty safe bet that you'll enjoy this game.

I liked neither!! Guess it's not for me.

I played the french demo awhile ago. The camera could be zoomed alright, but it couldn't be zoomed out far enough. It simply is centered too tightly on the player and leaves too little to see far ahead.

In the demo the levels were also pretty small which required constant loadings. But the graphics for all the models and animations looked pretty nice.

Downloading now ... will give this a shot. I am not currently burned on the a-RPG's so I might enjoy this! (after Silverfall and Titan Quest and the Immortal Throne expansion and a couple of PSP a-RPG's I was burned out a few months ago )

Cyanide ... I remember something they did ... It was "Chaos League", kind of a "fantasy football game". It had a precessor called "Sudden Death".

Got up to level 8 in the demo before I quit playing, just couldn't keep my interest. The game is definitely a click-fest, and you basically just perform one fetch quest after another. Not a horrible game by any means, just not what I'm looking for. It should appeal to younger gamers or anyone looking for yet another Diablo clone.

Considering that (as you all know) I've hated every Diablo "clone" ever created (other than Titan Quest - more on that in a minute)... I think I will pass on this one. I really can't understand the want or need to play these click fest games (which are essentially all the same) over and over, but everyone has different tastes ;)

I did enjoy Titan Quest, and I was completely surprised by my enjoyment... However, that game took me long enough to finish that I've now had my fill of its ilk for quite a long time (probably forever).

These games are so boring to play... I can only imagine that they must be even more mind-numbingly boring to create. I think I would go insane if I was one of the coders responsible for creating a Diablo "clone"

couldn't stand the game after 5 minutes, was expecting something tasty, but i was left with the taste of cardboard.

Back
Top Bottom