Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Directors Cut Will be Released on 360, PS3, and PC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to GameSpot the Director's Cut version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be heading to platforms other than the Wii U. That's right, the game is now appearing on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac platforms. So everything basically.
Square Enix has confirmed to GameSpot that the upcoming Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be coming to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC alongside the previously announced Wii U version.

Eidos Montreal's Jean Francois Dugas revealed that the Director's Cut was going multiplatform on GameSpot's E3 2013 Live Show.

No additional information was given, nor did Square Enix confirm whether the Director's Cut would be released separately as DLC for current owners of Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Director's Cut for Deus Ex: Human Revolution includes the Tong's Rescue mission and Missing Link downloadable content, alongside "overhauled" boss battles, "redefined" game balance and combat, "improved" artificial intelligence, and updated graphics.
More information.

Great news!

I've been wanting to replay this - and I never played the DLC. Should be the perfect chance to relive a truly wonderful modern AAA game.

Havent played this yet even if I have bought 3 copies of it. Hope this will be available as DLC for existing owners, as I don't want to buy a 4th copy :p

I'd say it's an obvious cash-grab almost no matter what.

But it's a good one ;)

I don't think they intended to release it again for every system but if I recall there financial earnings and forecast wasn't good. So this is in a sense a cash grab to remedy the problem,

A welcome one though.:)

You all agree that it is of course a cash grap for few graphical tweeks and few minutes of added gameplay, and yet you say a 'welcome one'? Some people have money to throw away :S.

You all agree that it is of course a cash grap for few graphical tweeks and few minutes of added gameplay, and yet you say a 'welcome one'? Some people have money to throw away :S.

Yes, it's a fantastic game.

They've integrated the DLC into the main game - instead of having it separate and without continuity for character development.

Beyond that, they've fixed bosses - which was one of the biggest issues with the game.

We don't actually know how they plan to release it - but unless it's expensive, I'd say it's a very welcome change.

The actual cash-grab isn't welcome - but the game is so good I don't mind paying for it twice. I'd pay for it ten times if it meant getting more Deus Ex.

That said, I think it should have been a free patch - or a very inexpensive DLC package.

But we all know that's unlikely to be the case.

It will be a welcome addition for me when its free, as I already paid for the Augmented Edition and missing link expansion.

Isn't it wonderful that you're free to buy what you consider worth your money, then? ;)

Isn't it wonderful that you're free to buy what you consider worth your money, then? ;)

Only once and within reason (bought the augmented edition and the DLC at a discounted price), according to my sensible logic. Worth is subjective and if one is not careful, it is driven by emotions rather than logic and a little patience.

Only once and within reason (bought the augmented edition and the DLC at a discounted price), according to my sensible logic. Worth is subjective and if one is not careful, it is driven by emotions rather than logic and a little patience.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

It seems as if you're hinting that I can't accurately estimate my own enjoyment - and that I should use "logic" instead of my emotional response to this product?

That makes little sense to me.

Enjoyment is very much about emotions - and my logic is that since I don't give a shit about money (as long as I have it, anyway) - but I really love Deus Ex - I'd be willing to pay for a better version so long as it's not excessive.

If it's too expensive, I'll simply pirate it.

Enjoyment is very much about emotions - and my logic is that since I don't give a shit about money (as long as I have it, anyway) - but I really love Deus Ex - I'd be willing to pay for a better version so long as it's not excessive.

I was not hinting, I was simply saying that I don't like to waste money by buying a product twice for whatever reason - that is my principle. Your response above reflects the opposite of that - that is your logic and opinion.

I was not hinting, I was simply saying that I don't like to waste money by buying a product twice for whatever reason - that is my principle. Your response above reflects the opposite of that - that is your logic and opinion.

It's not the same product - it's an enhanced product.

When I buy a game - I don't look at it as a future investment. I look at it as a game that's not necessarily going to improve - except for bug fixes. I can't expect them to work on enhancing it for free.

So if it's working as marketed and intended, I have no reason to complain.

If they spend time and resources to improve the game - and offer the enhanced product for a reasonable amount of money, I think that's perfectly fair.

I wouldn't buy the exact same game twice - except if I felt sure my money would end up supporting the actual developers, which is quite rare.

However, that's not a principle. Principles are rigid and they hold you back - so I try to avoid having them.

But to each his own ;)

But to each his own ;)

Indeed.

Anyway, CD ProjeKt RED released the enhanced edition for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 at no cost, which is understandable from their relative successes and continuing to support their products and customers (particularly Witcher 1 and before GoG). Deux Ex: HR I think did even better and could easily release DLCs/enhancements for free if they want to, but I am sure they will not. Both single player games, but two different business models.

Indeed.

Anyway, CD ProjeKt RED released the enhanced edition for Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 at no cost, which is understandable from their relative successes and continuing to support their products and customers (particularly Witcher 1 and before GoG). Deux Ex: HR I think did even better and could easily release DLCs/enhancements for free if they want to, but I am sure they will not. Both single player games, but two different business models.

Sure - and I've praised CDPR for their efforts.

But I'm not the sort of person who thinks that because one company does things like that - everyone is obligated to do it.

Again, we have no idea how they'll release this for Deus Ex - and I think it's a bit soon for sweeping judgments.

In any case, I don't think the actual developers have much of a say - and they're really the only ones I care about.

First and foremost:
Square Enix -> a bunch of idiots who search for a cash cow in the wrong place.
No? How else to explain their ignoring the potential of Fullmetal Alchemist.

DX:HR director's cut where bossfights were outsourced... Um... What?
Do we really need it? I don't think so. The game is great as it is and didn't get GOTY only because it was released the same year when TW2 and Skyrim got out.
I simply won't buy this "enhanced" version just as I don't care for their DX for smartphones.

I would buy this as dlc but if its only released as a full game then I'll have to wait for a very cheap steam sale.

Also need to hear more about all these new features, how much improved is AI? How are boss fights different? And so on.

I bought it on sale from Steam several months ago and just tried playing it last week for the first time. I have to say... "meh". I'm still on the first mission, trying to play full-stealth, and it just isn't all that impressive to me. I think part of it is that there's virtually zero character development, as I'm supposed to know/care who this guy is from the original I played like 10 years ago.

Does it get better after the first mission (hostage rescue)?

Back
Top Bottom