NWN2 NWN2 System Requirements?

Neverwinter Nights 2

Haitham

Wanderer
Hello,
I'm plannin' to purchase this game but I don't have any idea weather my PC will run it or not; Been searchin' for a site that contains any info with System Requirements but no luck..

Any ideas?

P.S: My PC profile is:
CPU: 2.8GHz on Intel Motherboard; 512 Cache and 533 (smth) >> I'm kinda newb on hardwares. :p
Graphics Card: GeForce4 FX5700XT with 256MBs of memory.
RAM: 512MBs DDR1 - Gettin' another 512 soon.

Peace.

Last edited:
This really belongs in 'General RPG' as it is *not* a MMO!

But, I would say that in general your system sounds fine, but definitely get more RAM.

You can find the systems req's here:

Recommended:
- 3+ GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1+ GB System RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT series or higher video card (or equivalent ATI card)

Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (must support shader model 2.0)
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- 4.6GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
- Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
- Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Cards:
- ATI Radeon X1900 series
- ATI Radeon X1800 series
- ATI Radeon X1600 series
- ATI Radeon X1300 series
- ATI Radeon X850 series
- ATI Radeon X800 series
- ATI Radeon X700 series
- ATI Radeon X600 series
- ATI Radeon X300 series
- ATI Radeon 9800 series
- ATI Radeon 9600 series
- ATI Radeon 9500 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6500 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 series
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 series

Thank you.
Sorry for the thread-placing-mistake. :)

it rarely runs smoothly
You mean it doesn't run smoothly for you? Because I have similar specs on my MacBook Pro (slightly better video) and get great performance.

There asking for a high graphics card for reccomend aren't they? my 6800gt is a old but it normally hits reccomeded at least, guess I'll have to upgrade again soon...

Daniel.

Being afraid reading all the complaints of performance problems with the game i bought it today (want one more patch for Gothic 3 before finishing that game off). and was pleasently surprised. My AMD X2 4400 with a 7800GTX and 2 GB ram runs this game without problem. ALTOUGH(!!) i can understand some people having problem with FPS. I've got them around 20, with everything maxed out. I lowered the shadows to medium but everything fine.

But i am FPS impaired and don't really think its important so perhaps i can live with "poor" frame rates. (And you can tweak the graphic down if you must). And i also happily live with poor graphics since i think everything post 2000 is often good enough for me as long as the story is captivating.

Overall, really glad buying this game.

Todd: Yes i know, but i read on the NWN forums that people having newer machine are having problems, and are unhappy with performance. I think i posted mostly to put my view on it cause of the core 2 duo in the post above (which i think in all testing galore spank my machine to kingdom come... as raw horse power...).

I dont know if people expect something else when they pay so much for a machine and the performance aint 40+ fps with full details on high.

The most important thing is that NWN2 has uphold my interest... :)
and i think its really playable. And that i understand that people have different views of playablity. And... and ...

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the game has a nVidia vs. ATi preference? I have one laptop with each, but am just playing the ATi right now.

The usually NVIDIA movie plays at the start... perhaps thats a preference? :)

And also, Feargus - Obsidian, wrote his spec on the NWN forum. He was really playing it on a low end machine. But he also wrote that he was biased towards the game. To bad i missplaced the posting. But if you look at page 19 on the official forum you might find it... it was on page 1 some hours ago... But with the speed that boards moves...

The usually NVIDIA movie plays at the start... perhaps thats a preference? :)

And also, Feargus - Obsidian, wrote his spec on the NWN forum. He was really playing it on a low end machine. But he also wrote that he was biased towards the game. To bad i missplaced the posting. But if you look at page 19 on the official forum you might find it... it was on page 1 some hours ago... But with the speed that boards moves...

Hehe ... so true, I refreshed the forum and completely lost the thread I wanted to open!

I know - generally the intro movie indicates better nVidia performance ... but not always. Just wondering if anyone knew.

Any optimization tricks, anyone? I have a 3800+ X2 and 7800GT. Indoors performance is fine, but outdoors the frame rate drops noticeably; strangely I haven't found anything that makes a really big difference to it other than water reflections which I turned off. I suppose I could lower the rez, but I really don't want to.

(Shadows don't seem to matter much.)

I assume you've scanned the pages of threads at the official tech support forum?

That was with everything at max, which I don't expect if they recommend a slightly better video card than mine. Indoor is great, very fluid. Outdoor gets very choppy on occasion but its still more than playable. As was stated before, I think the thing that matters is that this game is fun.

Prime Junta: According to the official site forum which I browsed at work today it is Shadows and Water effect that are the biggest cultprits.

Have you tried to turn off shadows completly?

I too have drops in frame when enter outdoor. Oh, and i play pretty much topdown view. I did noticed when i lowered the camera that the frame dropped conciderebaly, but as long as i had my BG feel view than it wasn't any problem...

And i also play it pretty much zoom out. Perhaps little things and playing style that is making a differens...

(Just thinking out loud...)

@txa -- I had enough of scanning pages of threads with G3. I don't want to do it all over again with NWN2, if I can at all avoid it. So hate me. :p

@mute -- Yup, I tried turning off shadows; didn't make much difference at all. And no, it's certainly not unplayable; the frame rate just drops to the point where you notice it. I haven't even clocked it; by eye it's somewhere around 15-20 fps at worst, only it's rather noticeable when the terrain scrolls. Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom