The Escapist - D&D Fourth Edition Article

magerette

Hedgewitch
The Escapist has an editorial up on Wizards of the Coast's latest edition of the D&D ruleset, promulgating the idea that its web tie-in component is about WotC's desire to capitalise on the popularity of MMORPGs:
So why change the rules now? What does WotC hope to gain with this newest revision? This is nothing less than a grab for mainstream acceptance. Revisions for the new edition are supposed to "support the way the game is actually played," rather than forcing a style of play onto players. People will be able to run games online, on a "virtual tabletop." Even beyond the d20 and digital realms, with projects like Gleemax (a social-networking site targeting tabletop gamers) and a focus on organized play, all signs point to WotC aiming very high with its ambitions.
More information.

Last edited:
Just reporting a typo - its spelled "capitalize".

"Capitol" is the city that's the seat of government. Capital has to do with money.

Thanks, Lucky Day. Noted and corrected.

I cannot find it anymore, but I recently stumbled at the Wizards' site upon an job advertisement - it was for Magic, if I remember correctly, but I guess it could be used for anything else.

The job opening contained 3 or 4 individual jobs, one was a "world builder" and one a senior developer, if I recall this correctly.

Either Wizards plans some kind of strategy game, or something online, like an MMO.

Well, WotC is obviously not hitting any nerves with the 4E ruleset, since spelling is a more interesting topic. :) **JOKE** :p

I used to be quite a good speller, actually, but as my brain cells age, the details go--sometimes I look at a word for several minutes trying to visualize how the letters are really supposed to be arranged. Fortunately there is always dictionary.com--and you guys! Thanks! ;)

Back
Top Bottom