Legend of Grimrock - Dungeon Editor Feature List

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Almost Human's Grimrock blog offers a feature list for the upcoming Dungeon Editor:
  • Simple and straightforward user interface.
  • Instant preview lets you test play the dungeon instantly: no need to leave the editor or wait for the level to export.
  • Create puzzles, traps and contraptions simply by connecting buttons, pressure plates and other triggers to trapdoors, spawners or teleporters for example.
  • Use Lua scripts to create even more complex logic and go beyond what would otherwise be possible.
  • Fill your dungeons with any of the 350+ original Legend of Grimrock assets.
  • Create new items, complete with new graphics and functionality like new magical weapons or potions with their own custom effects.
  • If you want a cow-on-wheels roaming the tunnels, it’s no problem: you can use your own custom monsters!
  • Totally transform how the dungeon looks and feels like by using custom environment graphics and objects.
  • Trigger your own sounds or replace the background music.
  • Tell a story with custom intro and ending cinematics.
  • Create hellish demon snails simply by changing the textures of the original snail: you can modify, replace or recycle the original Legend of Grimrock textures, meshes or other assets to suit your needs.
  • Publish your creations by using the built-in Steam Workshop support – or just freely upload the dungeon data anywhere or hand it out directly to your friends.
More information.

I had hoped the editor would be out months ago, but I'm still looking forward to playing around with it. With the ability to create custom monsters and wall textures, I'm sure it won't take long for someone to recreate the entire EOB and DM games.

Reads like quality as the game was. It will give a solid basis to work with for all people who like this kind of games and secondly, if this studio developps a new game, it also indicates they have new ideas to come with that could not be implemented when using this game engine only.

I thought LoG was fantastic, but I can't say I'm much interested in the editor. Personally, I don't have the extra time to mess around with something like this. However, like Vindicator said, there will probably be some great mods/recreations.

What I really want to see is news about a LoG 2. :)

Back
Top Bottom