Skyrim - The Nuttiest Glitches

Did you ever think, in spite of the bugs, it is still better then teh obsidion stuff? Keep classy dude.

Knock off the smartass "Keep classy dude!" remark. He wasn't even talking to you. If you're trying to troll then go to P&R please. I want to read about Skyrim.

Back on topic:

Anyone know why the bucket thing works? I think it's great that the LOS of NPCs actually starts on their heads, but I was wondering why it works.

Last edited:
It breaks their LOS. They can't "see" you steal with a bucket over their head.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed that Bethesda actually models line of sight from the head, AND looks for collisions with movable clutter.

It breaks their LOS. They can't "see" you steal with a bucket over their head.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed that Bethesda actually models line of sight from the head, AND looks for collisions with movable clutter.

Yeah, the next step is to have it look for moved-clutter. Ie - "Hey, that's not where I put that…" (NPC suspiscion increases slightly). Of course they'd have to fix their physics and npcs spawning 4 ft off the ground in-doors on occasion first or a heist would be ruined by NPCs knocking over the decorations in their own houses.

I'm not watching because I don't want to spoil seeing them myself for the first time.

So far I've seen floating mammoths in the sky, and pretty bar ladies sweeping without brooms. My dad saw a guy with his arms out like he was carrying wood, except there was no wood to be found. I'm sure Bethesda left stuff like this in the game as a practical joke of sorts. Especially the mammoths, which I'm 99% positive they knew that glitch existed, because it's a glitch that has happened to pretty much everyone I know who has played the game.

Yeah I fear saying this because I would never want to encourage the practice in general, but I was kind of glad when I stumbled across a flying horse. At first I thought it was an easter egg along the same lines as Tarhiel and was going to be a mad orc mage named "M'ke Krzyzewski" or something like that - what with their big Blue Devil fan having moved on. But then it just kept going and going and I realized that nothing is ever that funny intentionally.

Hah maybe add check box in the the game options menu in the next patch called "Wild Northlands" which opts to leave in the more harmless of the glitches.

Last edited:
I'm now around 18 hours. The only glitch I can remember is seeing some axes floating around four feet over the road in the middle of nowhere. When I ran into them they fell to the ground. I saw a book that was messed up and looked like a tree stump, really tall and warped inside a shelf.

I haven't seen any of these really bizarre ones.

:lol: Damn I shouldn't have watched that at work..
I should've heeded your warning, but it is a slow day at work, so I decided to take a glimpse at the videos. Heh, had to stop after only few of them as I couldn't keep quiet with a straight face any longer. :lol: Have to watch these at home where I can LOL as much as I like.

Then you could get enemies to run away from you by waving a bucket in front of their face.. :D Like I said it it would be tricky to do it right.

Well they already have it scripted so that an NPC finding something like a dead body causes them to become alert if they don't see you. If they do see you when they find the body, a lot of times they seem to rightly perceive it had to be your fault in some way (like the ruined wedding.) I mean the player character is a pretty suspicious and odd individual in games like this - always running awkwardly about rudely shoving people as they go from smith to smith buying up all the town's metal just to make hundreds of crappy daggers a flood the market with them. The PC is a real menace in to Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom