Frayed Knights - Patch 1.06 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Rampant Coyote has released a new patch for Frayed Knights that gets rid of the games DRM. You can download the patch here, and read his blog post here.

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the dungeon again…

Frayed Knights: The Skull of S’makh-Daon has been updated to version 1.06.

Incidentally, there was never a version 1.05. If you have something labeled 1.05, it didn’t come from Rampant Games. I just completely skipped that version to avoid confusion.

So what does 1.06 do? Not a whole lot, to be honest. The demo hasn’t changed.

The biggest change is that the license key requirement has been removed. I think that will have pretty close to zero effect on most customers (since it’s a fire-and-forget thing, without any kind of ‘phoning home’), but it is one less thing you have to worry about. And yes, since most people consider it weak and unobtrusive, they also still consider it DRM, so I can now proudly claim that Frayed Knights is *DRM FREE*. So there.
More information.

I have a lot of games like that, myself. I strongly recommend patching it to the full version - there were a couple of bugs on release that are pretty serious *if* you encounter them. You can grab the patch here, and there's a strategy guide here. Just for when you get around to it. :)

It's imho very nice from you to release a patch so long after the game's initial launch. :)
I appreciate that. :)

Back
Top Bottom