Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

It was awhile since I've played the game, but trust me its good, if not great.

It's a good game... I had a lot of fun with it when it came out, though I never finished it. I'm just no good at that type of game... and I eventually get frustrated and quit...

It's a game I purchased years ago. I might even find the cd on a shelf somewhere. I would say it's a «good» game. It's fun, just a little too shallow imo to be a «great» game.

The game is very good. The game plus the expansion pack is exceptional. It's a shame that Cyberlore never got the chance to do Majesty 2. They had a huge developer presence on their forums and actually seemed to listen to the requests of the players. It's RTS, but I never got the "overwhelmed" feeling of most RTS games I've played.

It's a nice game. Even good. It's not a standart RTS - since most RTS are about troop control, and Majesty has non of that. It's more of a simulation.

I always thought that work had begun on a sequel, and I think I've seen even some screens somewhere.

dteowner: Paradox Interactive acquired the brand/IP last year and stated their intention of creating "a portfolio under the Majesty brand", so you will probably see a sequel in a year or two.

dteowner: Paradox Interactive acquired the brand/IP last year and stated their intention of creating "a portfolio under the Majesty brand", so you will probably see a sequel in a year or two.
That's very good news. Thanks for letting me know!

They just brand new re-released it here in Germany in a DVD box for 10 Euros, I noticed to my great surprise (Saturn electronics chain).

A "Gold" version was - as far as I know - never released at the German market. At least I've never seen it.

So I just hope that this new re-release contains the expansion.

Sadly, it (the old release) won't run with my graphics card somehow, but the demo nevertheless does. Strange.

http://www.majestyquest.com/

You guys do know that it's available from Gamersgate.com, right?

Great news! I must admit to being a little concerned about this part:
"Majesty 2 – The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will focus on reinventing many aspects of the original game"
Seems like most of the time "reinventing" means "screwing up" or "mainstreaming".

Who knows? Given Paradox's record I would be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until further details arise, though.

Paradox makes some pretty niche sims. I think its safe from 'mainstreaming', 'screwing up' is always a risk though.

Whoa. Thanks for the heads up Kazik. Great news.
Actually, I just bought the Majesty Gold edition for the first game.
A cheap jewelcase re-release but still!

Back
Top Bottom