The Chosen: Well of Souls - New Screens & Fact Sheet

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The ever helpful Tom Ohle sent over eleven new screens for The Chosen: Well of Souls and the following fact sheet as we lead up to Meridian's NA release of this action/RPG from Rebelmind. Two sample screens are below and hit our gallery to see them all:

The Chosen: Well of Souls
Title: The Chosen: Well of Souls
Genre: Action/RPG
Release: October 1, 2007
Publisher: Meridian4
Developer: Rebelmind
Players: 1
Price: $19.99
CONCEPT
Building upon the legacy of successful titles such as Diablo and Dungeon Siege, The Chosen is a fast paced horror-themed action- RPG. The developer has made huge improvements in gameplay depth, graphics, storyline, features and content from Space Hack, its previous action-RPG built on the same engine.
BACKGROUND
At the turn of the 19th century, the powerful sorcerer Marcus Dominus Ingens discovered the secret of immortality. To guard his discovery and to feed his hunger for power, he eliminated all alchemists whose skills and knowledge equaled his. Marcus keeps their souls trapped and uses them for his evil purposes to control infernal forces of darkness. Whole armies of demons, werewolves, zombies, vampires and devils are at his command.

The world needs a savior; one who can crush the forces of evil and defeat Marcus. The world needs The Chosen.
FEATURES
  • 3 original playable characters, each with their own distinct skills and abilities
  • Numerous supernatural monsters including werewolves, zombies, vampires and demons
  • Day/night cycles and weather that affect monsters’ behavior
  • Explore a variety of different animated locations including castles, forests, and deserts
  • Interactive AI characters who assist in your battles
    Build your character and choose his skill paths
For more information, visit the official website at http://www.meridian4.com/games/TheChosen.
More information.

This game came out in Poland about a year ago. I was really interested in it at first, and it certainly has its moments. But overall it has about twice too many opponents not to become boring after a few hours. Crushing your foes with your summoned daemon was fun, though. I had more fun with Space Hack, I think - the game had even more enemies, but managed to convey a unique "alone-in-a-huge-starship" mood.

But a year has passed. Maybe they've improved the game a bit...

I have a preview version, sort of 'Frater ++ ' that has improvements over the original as they prep it for US release. I've not gotten that far yet ...

One of the patches for the Polish version included rewards for wiping out all enemies on a given level, which is not a small task. I remember how stupid I felt after I did this in 1.0 and the game didn't aknowledge the fact in any way. Regardless, I hope the improvements in the US version go far beyond such petty points - because I'm convinced there's a potential for a really nice h'n's game in there :)

SpaceHack had to be to the absolute worst ARPG I have ever had the misfortune to play, and so, when I recalled that meridian4/rebelmind were associate with that POS and also did The Chosen, I quickly lost what little interest I ever had in this game...

It wasn't my cup of tea but I remember a few people enjoyed the simplicity of Space Hack. I interviewed Rebelmind aaaaages ago and this one was supposed to be a little deeper and the art is nicer, so at $19.99 it might be worth a look for H&S fans.

Back
Top Bottom