Lords of Xulima - Beta News Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games has posted the next update for Lords of Xulima with news the Beta will be released soon for backers, and shares some impressions of the Beta.

The Steam Beta version for Backers

Greetings to our backers!
First of all, we would like to apologize for the delays. Some aspects of the development such as the Steam integration and things like the localization and voice creation has delayed us much more that we expected.

That said, we would like to announce that the Lords of Xulima private beta for backers will be available at the end of the next week through Steam.

We are going to set three different phases:

PHASE 1 - SPECIAL BETA EDITION

All the backers who purchased the Special Beta access and above (the ones who have the Silver Medal in credits) will be the first to receive their Steam Keys. And also, they can join our Private Development Forum to help us to improve LoX with their feedback (improvements, bugs, balancing, new ideas, etc.)

PHASE 2 - BETA PLAYER EDITION

All the backers who purchased the Beta Player edition or above (>=45$) will have their key one to two weeks later, unless we find some very awful bugs or problems that we have to fix urgently (an installation problem, configuration issues with some PCs… things like that). These beta players will have access to the Private Beta Forum in which they can write their thoughts, opinion, bug reports, improvements, etc.

PHASE 3 - PUBLIC STEAM EARLY ACCESS

Some weeks later, we will activate Steam Early Access for the general public and of course, for the rest of our backers and pre-orders. We will keep it in that state for as long as we need, so that LoX can be as perfect as possible.

We recommend you to wait to the final release which will be 100% polished. If not, we recommend to wait to later versions which will be more polished, but if you are eager to try Lords of Xulima, you are of course welcome and your feedback will be very helpful for us. We will send you an email to ask you if you are interested in participating in the beta process.

WHAT DOES THE BETA INCLUDE?

• About 50% of the full game, which can be about 50+ hours of gameplay.
  • It is the real game, all the save games will be always compatible between the beta and the final release.
WHAT DOES THE BETA NOT INCLUDE?

• The MAC and Linux versions are not available.
  • 50% the game's content (which includes the endgame). It is actually done and will be unlocked very soon, but we have to finish and polish the translations.
  • The Talisman of Golot is not yet available. This special reward will be added towards the end of the beta process.
  • The new class, Divine Summoner, is not yet available. It will be very soon!
  • Some voices for certain NPCs are not yet available.
  • Some sound effects, especially the ones from certain monsters, are missing or will be improved.
  • Some Statue descriptions in the Hall of Heroes have not yet been implemented. They will be available very soon.
  • Some graphic improvements, like item icons, will be improved.
More information.

Last edited:
The highlighted sentence contradicts your headline and summary. ;)

Beta has not started yet, but will do so soon.

BTW: One user (JackDandy) asked in the Kickstarter Comments about whether or not all difficulties are available from the start as the description of one of them implied otherwise.
They answered that you can chose all of them from start.

This game is the dark horse of 2014 - it will be good!

It sure looks good. :)

Now should I play the beta or wait for the full game?

Daniel.

Well, they mention that the savegames are compatible.
If you are very eager to start I guess it would be best to wait until Steam Early access (Phase 3) as it sounds like at that time the game should be "ready" besides of little bugs.

Cool, this was the first game I backed. I'll definitely give this Beta a few hours of my time.

I normally prefer to avoid Betas, but I know there are a lot of members here who didn't back LoX but are curious about it.

Sort of wishing now I did back it as this is one game I have been very interested in playing.

Looking forward to any feed back from those that do have access even if it is only beta right now.

It's one of my most anticipated RPGs of 2014. My only concern about this game is the quality of the translation. I hope they can achieve a decent localization.

"Phantasie III: Wrath of Nikademus"-style and excellent KS updates! Also:

It is the real game, all the save games will be always compatible between the beta and the final release.

WOW! Excellent code & savegame data organization and fantastic work!

Has anyone played the early beta who can comment. I actually backed this but not at beta level. I hope it turns out better than forsaken fortress and suri.

Well, as mentioned before. The Beta is not live it. Will be live in a week or so.

The highlighted sentence contradicts your headline and summary. ;)

Beta has not started yet, but will do so soon.

There all fixed as it was my mistake.:blush:

Everyone can go on with there daily life now. Please PM me next time as I don't read every news thread for replies anymore.;)

Any news on this???

Very interested in this game.

Not really as stated by one of the backers in the comment section.
The Silver Medal backers just got their Beta copy yesterday/today, which is followed by Bronze in 1-2 weeks, then after that is Steam Early Access. Here's the most recent update.
So as you see it's a little early still maybe another week or so.:)

Last edited:
I received a mail when they offered beta access. However they said if I want to participate I should request and accept a NDA. As I am not too interested in betas and didn't want go through the hassle I didn't answer on that mail.

I received a mail when they offered beta access. However they said if I want to participate I should request and accept a NDA. As I am not too interested in betas and didn't want go through the hassle I didn't answer on that mail.

Awww, c'mon. Couldn't you do it for us dying to know what it's like? I realize a NDA means you can't go into details but you COULD give us your general opinion of it...

I just had my family over for dinner and my sisters husband had not heard of it before. I show him the trailers just before dinner and now he is really wants to know what its like.

Oh well I guess we will just have to wait :(

Back
Top Bottom