Of Orcs and Men - Now Available

Got it

about 2 hours in (not in story progression just in fiddling around with the game mechanics)

Spectacular game premise, The world and the story are nice. Don't like the voice acting - it not bad it's just anachronistic. Most discouraging though is that I do not have a handle on combat. It's not point and click although I did that in the first fight I don't think it would hold up for the length of the game.

It's reminding me of the combat of Witcher 1 but not as intuitive.

I'll play it more, later today after my AM workouts.

the writing is so far below game of thrones from the looks of it. waste of a good game world. I rather they would make orcs growl, and id have to read subtitles.

What really bothers me is Metacritic. There appears to be a ton of russian spammers that kill its grade. not sure whats behind it.. perhaps Mafia again

It's Cyanide if you had high hopes then I pity you. Most of there games are average at best.

Combat is like one of those console RPGs where you have a a wheel display where you pick your fight options. The problem is that the wheel hub combat motif only works with a true turn based combat engine. This is real time combat so I can't tell what the heck I'm doing.

too bad because I like the looks of the game world. OTH it is mostly all eye candy because all the luscious forests and inviting houses and human tents are inaccessible to the player. Just oodles of invisible walls.

Combat is like one of those console RPGs where you have a a wheel display where you pick your fight options. The problem is that the wheel hub combat motif only works with a true turn based combat engine. This is real time combat so I can't tell what the heck I'm doing.

too bad because I like the looks of the game world. OTH it is mostly all eye candy because all the luscious forests and inviting houses and human tents are inaccessible to the player. Just oodles of invisible walls.

If you press space bar you will get a super slow mo mode. Not full pause but plenty slow enough to issue commands.

I was really looking forward to this game, but after watching some game-play and combat videos on Youtube, I'm thinking I'll pass.
It appears to be all console based combat and you're funneled from place to place. The road trip looks nice, but that's not what I was hoping for. I wanted a more open world feel. This looks like it may as well have been an old side-scroller for all the freedom of movement between places.
Another disappointment. Oh well, I've always got FO3, FO-NV, Skyrim, and Risen.

If you press space bar you will get a super slow mo mode. Not full pause but plenty slow enough to issue commands.

not really, at least not for me. I hate when designers try to mix turn base with real time. Pick one and I'm fine. But what happens for me is that the slow mo mode just turns out to be a half backed real time combat. It ain't working for me.

I'm going to give the game some more time but I just may but it aside for a while a let some gamer more familiar with this type of interface to give me a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom