Alien RPG - Leaked Footage?

Too bad, it's been taken down.

If they are so damned smart why can't they pick up a gun and use it? At least until it runs out of ammunition. Or pick up a sword and swing it? Though they have no technology at all somehow they seems to be able to understand it, plenty of examples of that. Oh well just picking nits.

If they are so damned smart why can't they pick up a gun and use it? At least until it runs out of ammunition. Or pick up a sword and swing it? Though they have no technology at all somehow they seems to be able to understand it, plenty of examples of that. Oh well just picking nits.

If I remember my Aliens history the Aliens are the weapons. They were breed by another race to be the perfect weapon. Lots of stabby/bitey bits, able to withstand freezing vacuum etc.

Is Dead Space a 3rd person shooter? Not much of a fan of those…

I generally hate 3rd person shooters, but Dead Space is a great game, easily one of the best non-rpgs I've played in the last few years. The atmosphere is top notch, and it was the first game in a long time to have me looking over my shoulder while I was playing.

Not sure if calling it a 3rd person shooter really does it justice though, it's better described as sci-fi survival horror....

Gotcha, I really hate 3rd person console ports with wonky controls, auto- or just plain sucky aiming, and cameras that frustrate me to no end. SH2 had it, and I barely kept my sanity playing that one...

All the Dead Space reviews I've read don't address these questions... What do you guys think? The atmosphere looks great though!

All the Dead Space reviews I've read don't address these questions… What do you guys think? The atmosphere looks great though!

The only negative thing I remember about the PC version was that the mouse aiming was way too slow, even at max setting. It was easily fixed by editing the config file though.

Honestly, that footage tells very little about how a final game would be... except dark.

Oh well, let's hope Alpha Protocol and Fallout: New Vegas will be good.

Dead Space is more over the shoulder than true 3rd person too, Zelda/Metroid type puzzles, scary moments, great soundtrack, AAA production values, woot for the derail!

Dead Space creeped me out, but in a good way. Not in a Silent Hill 'freak me out till I have to sleep with the lights on for a month' way....:paranoid::anxious:

There's already an epic rant-thread about the footage on the RPG Codex. All other Obsidian-developed games were butchered in the process aswell. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom