Proven Lands - Kickstarter Updates# 1 & 2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It seems Proven Lands is the next kickstarter to get two more updates today, but first lets talk about the games funding. It has earned £10,548 of £299,000 goal in two days.

Now the first update talks about the games first day, and how the developer is thrilled.
We are thrilled

Exciting times! We did great so far, for a start. £6.5k ($10.8k) in 2 days! Thank you all! We do what we can to feed the press, first journalists posted very positive news, but we are still waiting for the major magazines and channels. We will know better until Thursday. Slowly but surely.

We are thrilled to be #1 by "magic" and #6 by popularity under "Kickstarter Discover"! (19:00 CET) What does "magic" mean? We do not know, but we do know that Gandalf is a great wizard. Two top projects end in 2-3 days, which means: we might jump to the top by the time.

We add an FAQ called "Is your goal too high? Is it too low?" to the FAQs. We are reconsidering the game genre. We'd like to call it: "3D science-fiction sandbox survival" — because it is easier this way for most people, it seems. We hate genres. But this is how it works. Also, we are on Steam Greenlight now. Vote for us! And, Proven Lands ships DRM free (thanks again!). A Humble Store contact just wrote us. So, we might have our PayPal store online soon!!
The second update shares more good news about the game.
Good news

• Good news. We’ve made +150 backers in 12h, thanks to RPS which is… woo!
  • I’m setting up a Humble Store right now. Great guys over there!! PayPal/Google soon.
  • We’re making progress on Steam. But our Steam Greenlight needs you!
  • We just created a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/surviveprovenlands
  • I didn’t find time for debugging due to the press/media, but I hope it was worth it (1k emails).
  • A friend of a friend joins us on Friday to help with the press. We totally underestimated the PR/press.
  • A few experienced backers emailed me and started to help with Kickstarter campaign analysis and PR which is an absolute surprise. Awesome, really. I hope we meet once.
  • I’ve got some bug reports and try to priorize that list soon. Thank you all! I read everything.
  • Soon more about those alpha/beta release dates, the PS Vita support, those OSX/Linux demos and our plans for a mobile demo.
I also forgot to mention yesterday you can download, and try the free Pre-Alpha build of the game. It's a perfect way to see if you might want to back the game.
More information.

Looks kind of interesting. I like their list of influences. As soon as I heard them mention in the video one of the storylines includes pregnancy, I knew one of the devs had seen the movie Enemy Mine. And it was nice to see the movie Outland finally get some props. :)

Looks kind of interesting. I like their list of influences. As soon as I heard them mention in the video one of the storylines includes pregnancy, I knew one of the devs had seen the movie Enemy Mine. And it was nice to see the movie Outland finally get some props. :)
Your post reminds me I have to re-watch Enemy Mine, and Outland once again.;)

As for the game it looks good so far but we all know the dreaded slowdown will happen at some point. It seems a majority of pledges come early, and at the end.

It is an awfully big goal. Every day of the Kickstarter they would have to make what they did in the first day. Pretty tall order.

Pregnancy and Enemy Mine? Never heard of it. I mean, okay, a female miner was mining inside the mine that belongs to (someone's) enemy and the child came prematurely, it's all easy to imagine… And is crap.

But if you said that the game refers to or is influenced by pregnancy from the movie Children of Men, I'd support this project. Now I just won't.

Enemy Mine is a movie about future humans and a quasi-reptilian race that are in a galactic war that has been ongoing for generations. A human and an alien crash on the same planet and are stranded there together. One of them was pregnant at the time of the crash. There are a few twists to the storyline, so I'll leave it there.

If you picture an Argonian from Skyrim, that's not too far off.

That sounds like a Richard Corben ripoff. It's not exactly the same plot as Space Jacked, but in a way it is. I don't have the comic anymore to show you, it was in a magazine (it's a short one on a few pages). But from http://www.muuta.net/SynoS/SpaceJack.html :
Style: Black line with color overlay technique. Genre: SF. Time Span: Far future. Nudity: Full frontal nudity, both male and female.
Keywords: Hijack. Violent husband. Unknown destination. Emergency landing. Aliens. Adam & Eve. Revenge.

Children of Men is a better movie. After that, watch Outland, then Enemy Mine.

I don't think I'll ever watch Enemy Mine unless it's blood and gore all over the place - and it just can't be if it's only two and upcoming third protagonist.

Outland is what about?

This game looks frickin' GORGEOUS! I hope they pull it off.

Outland is kind of a sci fi western. New cop at a Mars mining colony disrupts the illegal operations there enough that the powers that be set out to do him in. New sheriff on Mars rocks the boat. Sean Connery is the cop.

Back
Top Bottom