RPGCodex is no more?

Clearly you have not looked at the recent postings in the refugee thread.

> While I find a lot of Codexers irritating, I wouldn't ban or kick them. They have the right to speak out too. :)

Yes they do but they should conform to this sites tempo and tone, not the other way around. That was my only point.

Encouraging conformity, jeez dude, are you sure you run a WoD site? SERIOUSLY? You know, World of Darkness, the games whose founding genres, WERE GOTH AND PUNK. Both fandoms largely about striking out on your own and speaking out about conformity, even when everyone around you looked at you oddly for being weird and/or too outspoken.

Also since my epic curse laden rants keep getting deleted, I find your puerile efforts at passive aggressiveness and doomsaying both amusing and tragically indicative of a person stuck in the high school mindset. Your mindset seems to be, heavy debate with lots of random comments and lots of memes, nothing good ever come from that right, I mean, not anything like revolutions run off twitter, and facebook, or legitimate political movements and protests, again run off these same mediums. You are being rigorously prejudiced towards a site you probably opened one thread on made up your mind about and then left. Signal to noise ratios don't matter much. More than that, the signal to noise ratio of RPGCodex has been very much improved over the few last years as we've been actually filtering out shit posters who spread their filth beyond GD.

There I did it without being overly demeaning or over using crude swears, can you please not delete it this time.

Can I suggest a few extra threads for the Codexers so we can keep the BS contained?
- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Bioware sucks EA donkey doo
- Obsidian is incompetent
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks
- Fallout 1 is the only good game ever made

Can I suggest a few extra threads for the Codexers so we can keep the BS contained?

Blasphemy.
codex_rage.png

Where are Torment and Arcanum?
codex_rage.png

Shuddup already.

some of it is clearly out of line. Those posts should be deleted and the posters warned.

That's like complaining about drunken 18 year olds in Tijuana pissing in the streets and throwing up everywhere. Just kick some sand over it and hope they remember how to get home.

I revel in this nightmare pit of idiotic bigots vanishing.

Encouraging conformity, jeez dude, are you sure you run a WoD site? SERIOUSLY? You know, World of Darkness, the games whose founding genres, WERE GOTH AND PUNK. Both fandoms largely about striking out on your own and speaking out about conformity, even when everyone around you looked at you oddly for being weird and/or too outspoken.

My retort would simply be both subcultures yes were about that to a degree (more secondary then primary goals however) but also just as importantly did not entail forcing ones views on another. Which is what you are in essence saying. We are here now and you people should lower your posting standards because of it. Please do not say otherwise and have me waste my time linking to post after post of codex folks stating that in one form or another.

You are totally twisting the entire point of those subcultures to fit into your argument.

But in the end it has less to do with conformity and more to do with simple tact and etiquette. Both of which are quite high in the goth subculture as a whole. If you can not express yourself in a way that does not violate the fairly lax rules here then you prob should find one that allows for such low brow postings and move on. Generally speaking neither subculture is high on anarchy which is what the codex was close too posting standards wise.

lol @ a Watcher accusing the Codex for enforcing their views on others

TEH IRONY IT IZ KILLIMG MEH DAED OLOLOL

i hope they allow me my own space again. i might donate. i also want more respect and engagement by even the ignorant ones. we must mod fallout

lol @ a Watcher accusing the Codex for enforcing their views on others

TEH IRONY IT IZ KILLIMG MEH DAED OLOLOL

No fucking shit.

* I just wanted to say "no shit", it's important to support each other during these dark times, but your goddamn 10 character limit forced my hand… you've only got yourselves to blame.

Last edited:
Stupid non-prestigious forum with it's pedestrian interface.

My retort would simply be both subcultures yes were about that to a degree (more secondary then primary goals however) but also just as importantly did not entail forcing ones views on another. Which is what you are in essence saying. We are here now and you people should lower your posting standards because of it. Please do not say otherwise and have me waste my time linking to post after post of codex folks stating that in one form or another.

You are totally twisting the entire point of those subcultures to fit into your argument.

But in the end it has less to do with conformity and more to do with simple tact and etiquette. Both of which are quite high in the goth subculture as a whole. If you can not express yourself in a way that does not violate the fairly lax rules here then you prob should find one that allows for such low brow postings and move on. Generally speaking neither subculture is high on anarchy which is what the codex was close too posting standards wise.

Dude, we haven't asked anyof of y'all to attempt to lower your posting standards at all. We've just asked that you lower the bullshit, OH WE'RE SO BETTER THAN YOU because this and that. And you know what, RPGCodex is a forum that is 10 times more active, and has about 3 times the members of the watch as far as I've seen. It also features far more HONEST discussion about mechanics than I can find by browsing the archives of this forum. We don't have to dilly dally hem and ha, about if we're going to offend someone if we say something, and THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT PUNK WAS ABOUT. That's the reason I fell into the crowd I did in college, because I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT I WAS SAYING, didn't have to doll up my speech, didn't have to behave in any way other than what was instinctual(Note this was back in the early 90s when I first entered College,) because if I said something that offended someone, I'd probably get punched in the face. There wouldn't be a "Sir, you're being offensive please stop." There'd just be a fist to my head and and small tussle while you figured out who was boss.

Allow me to quote the wikipedia Punk subculture page, "Common punk viewpoints include anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, direct action and not selling out"

We aren't attempt to force our views upon you, you are perceiving us as forcing our views upon you, we are arguing with you about whose points are correct. Fact, when you go into an argument it's best to believe your side is superior,otherwise you don't actually support your argument, true or false?

Note that at any point in time you or I could just decide to end this little tussle and walk away. But no, we're both arrogant assholes who can't let a point lie, so we continue to argue it.

Gypsy BDSM aficionado versus an overly highly strung Qwinn clone.
Which is better and why?

Dude, we haven't asked anyof of y'all to attempt to lower your posting standards at all. We've just asked that you lower the bullshit, OH WE'RE SO BETTER THAN YOU because this and that. And you know what, RPGCodex is a forum that is 10 times more active, and has about 3 times the members of the watch as far as I've seen. It also features far more HONEST discussion about mechanics than I can find by browsing the archives of this forum. We don't have to dilly dally hem and ha, about if we're going to offend someone if we say something, and THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT PUNK WAS ABOUT. That's the reason I fell into the crowd I did in college, because I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT I WAS SAYING, didn't have to doll up my speech, didn't have to behave in any way other than what was instinctual(Note this was back in the early 90s when I first entered College,) because if I said something that offended someone, I'd probably get punched in the face. There wouldn't be a "Sir, you're being offensive please stop." There'd just be a fist to my head and and small tussle while you figured out who was boss.

Allow me to quote the wikipedia Punk subculture page, "Common punk viewpoints include anti-authoritarianism, a DIY ethic, non-conformity, direct action and not selling out"

We aren't attempt to force our views upon you, you are perceiving us as forcing our views upon you, we are arguing with you about whose points are correct. Fact, when you go into an argument it's best to believe your side is superior,otherwise you don't actually support your argument, true or false?

Note that at any point in time you or I could just decide to end this little tussle and walk away. But no, we're both arrogant assholes who can't let a point lie, so we continue to argue it.

this fails at satire.

I revel in this nightmare pit of idiotic bigots vanishing.
"I revel…" = I supremely immerse and enjoy myself in… (eg: pigs in shit)
"this nightmare pit…" = hole full of bad dreams.
"…of idiotic bigots…" = people of low intelligence who expect good behavior from others while not adhering to their own principles (eg: priests, politicians)
"vanishing" = the process of disappearing

Now put it together:
"I feel like a pig in shit in a hole full of bad dreams of priests and politicians of low intelligence who are in the process of disappearing."

Wat?

- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks
Now this is interesting. It obviously means the average Watcher thinks that:
- Bethesda is awesome in every aspect
- EA is great, too. They should charge much more for their games since they are so awesome. We love giving them access to our private computers.
- Bioware is the bestest evar. Who else would have the audacity to combine gay-lesbian dating sims with cover based shooter mechanics to make the best story-driven RPGs imaginable?
- Obsidian is competent. KotOR2: most finished and polished product ever. NWN2: So good, it didn't need a single patch. Other devs still try to copy the awesomeness of the camera controls and UI. Their other games just improved upon those strengths.
- Interplay and especially Herve Caen are the sole bastion of trustworthiness and morality left in today's industry (apart from EA, OE, Bioware, Bethesda, Jowood and every other dev and publisher). They have provided us with so many awesome games in the last 5 years that it'd really be a shame if they went belly up.
- Jowood is so awesome it's hard to express in words. When they dumped Pyranha Bytes and brought the Gothic series to where it always should have been that was a glorious day. Whenever one of their games won't install because of broken copy-protection/DRM it's a day to be marked as especially good in our My-Little-Pony diary. The only better days are when the games install and stutter. Awesome gameplay.
- Fallout 1 is the only bad game ever made

Hey, this extreme prejudicing is quite cool. I could never have gotten away with this on the codex. (Just kidding. The codex morons can be even worse. Especially since they should know better and generally consider themselves to be above such stupidity.)

And it's "Roll-A-Die", FFS.

- Bethesda sucks
- EA is donkey doo
- Interplay needs to die
- Jowood sucks

And odn't forget the let's post pretty witches and the bullet hell shmups are the only true games left thread thingies, or you ar egoing to start croaking and chasing tasty flies before you can say, like, ooopsie, did I offend the pretties and most fabulos witch ever?

And Fallot sucks. Deal with it.

- EA is great, too. They should charge much more for their games since they are so awesome. We love giving them access to our private computers.
- Bioware is the bestest evar. Who else would have the audacity to combine gay-lesbian dating sims with cover based shooter mechanics to make the best story-driven RPGs imaginable?
- Obsidian is competent. KotOR2: most finished and polished product ever. NWN2: So good, it didn't need a single patch. Other devs still try to copy the awesomeness of the camera controls and UI. Their other games just improved upon those strengths.
- Interplay and especially Herve Caen are the sole bastion of trustworthiness and morality left in today's industry (apart from EA, OE, Bioware, Bethesda, Jowood and every other dev and publisher). They have provided us with so many awesome games in the last 5 years that it'd really be a shame if they went belly up.
- Jowood is so awesome it's hard to express in words. When they dumped Pyranha Bytes and brought the Gothic series to where it always should have been that was a glorious day. Whenever one of their games won't install because of broken copy-protection/DRM it's a day to be marked as especially good in our My-Little-Pony diary. The only better days are when the games install and stutter. Awesome gameplay.

This is the best post.

Looks like the codex no-compromise doctrine is alive and well. An idea can truly never die. :salute:

I've…seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Skyrim threads on fire off the shoulder of General RPG Discussion.
I watched tranny pics glitter in the dark near General Discussion.
All those moments will be lost in time…like Andhaira alts in rain.

Time…to die.

3414251-roy-dies.jpg

Last edited:
We need pikes and I mean enough for several thousand heads.

PS. I guess people from Rpgcodex don't know the meaning of moderation, middle ground, and having your own opinion and tolerating others. Otherwise the below post wouldn't exist.

"I revel…" = I supremely immerse and enjoy myself in… (eg: pigs in shit)
"this nightmare pit…" = hole full of bad dreams.
"…of idiotic bigots…" = people of low intelligence who expect good behavior from others while not adhering to their own principles (eg: priests, politicians)
"vanishing" = the process of disappearing

Now put it together:
"I feel like a pig in shit in a hole full of bad dreams of priests and politicians of low intelligence who are in the process of disappearing."

Wat?

Hey, this extreme prejudicing is quite cool. I could never have gotten away with this on the codex. (Just kidding. The codex morons can be even worse. Especially since they should know better and generally consider themselves to be above such stupidity.)

And it's "Roll-A-Die", FFS.

Back
Top Bottom