No Enemy Respawn In PC RPG's

Two Worlds 2 - Only wild life respawns and you can disable that with a fan made patch.
Evil Islands
Adventures of Van Helsing
IE Games
Drakensang games
Diablo 1

These are the games that comes to my mind that has no respawning.

I forgot that I got Evil Islands with a Etherlords bundle I bought, seeing that it doesn't have a respawning problem and gets a decent 74/100 on Metacritic, I will have to give this game a try.

I've heard of Evil Islands before, was that a decent game?

-Carn

A unique experience, well considering that they buried the series by conjuring a type of abomination called mmorpg, I think can be considered that it is a decent game.

As for respawn I don't recall it to be, at least in the last game.

I dislike complete respawning as well as a limited amount of enemies.
Why I don't like a limited amount of enemies? Because I am a Min-Maxer and Enemies equal XP.
Having a fixed number of enemies means that you can only gain a limited number of xp in the game. And that, at least for me, leads to a situation where I try to get the most XP out of every situation. If I have a key for a door which I can lookpick, I might throw away the key so that I can get the XP for lockpicking.

Spiderweb games do not have any respawn. Including
Avernum
Avadon
Geneforge

And while these are good games I can show you the problem in the case of Avadon and Geneforge. As far as I remember Avadon offers the possibility to have more than the 4 party members. The rest stay in the castle. However: They get all the XP. The only way the members do not get the XP is if they get unconcious in fight. Meaning: The people involved in combat level the slowest and fall behind. And in the end due to limited amount of enemies there is no possibility to get these remaining XP.
Therefore I finished Avernum and Avadon on the highest difficulty without ever having one unconcious party member. :p

In Geneforge it's even worse: You have temporary party members. But they reduce the XP your main character gets. Meaning that you are rewarded to spend the least amount of time with them. A big part of the game is summoning Monsters which fight for you. But well...they also leech XP the main character would have gained otherwise. So skipping these skills makes your characters stronger in the end.
In Geneforge I did the first couple of zones again and again with other constellations to get the maximum out of it. Then I decided that this isn't really fun and stopped playing that game.

My name is Kordanor...and I am a MinMaxer....

Doesnt bother me one way or the other, although if I had to choose one I would choose respawns. Just more xp and more chances for some good gear, as far as I am concerned.

Completely depends on the combat system for me.

If combat is already tedious, respawns just amplify the problem (same with random encounters)
If combat is enjoyable, I'm all for the extra EXP

I've heard of Evil Islands before, was that a decent game?

-Carn

If you like party based tactical combat with RTwP you will like it. It also has a decent and fun stealth mechanic. Also you can aim to a special limb of the enemy for increased damage or crippling. By the way game is so hard. In normal difficulty some fights are real pain.

Also EI has a sequel in Russia which never made into English territories.

There is a demo from this game which will give you a pretty good impression. As far as I remember I enjoyed the combats quite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom