Diablo 3 - Screens @ GamersHell

magerette

Hedgewitch
GamersHell has added five screens to their Diablo III gallery; I did a quick check and it looks like at least two of them are new since our last media post. They're viewable here.
More information.

Ah. My bad. I did check the official site, but I was looking at this page. :)

I don't think Diablo 3 will "blow me away" like Diablo 2 did - there's been too many good action RPGs since then. Sure, none of them were as good as D2, but that's probably because D2 set a new standard back in the days. Will D3 set a new standard? I honestly believe that D2 will still be the standard, and that D3 will simply be compared to D2 like every other game in the genre.

I kind of think of D3 as a continuation of D2 rather than a separate game, kind of like the new, bigger LOD expansion. :) I don't know if it will blow me away, but if it's just *as* good as D2, I'll be pretty much okay with that.

I don't think Diablo 3 will "blow me away" like Diablo 2 did - ...

I'm leaning the opposite direction. It think it will "blow me away", in the context of an aRPG of course. I think the ratcheting way up of the visceral aspect of combat will increase the intensity, and therefore the experience, greatly. Plus the environments and player-monster interaction will be much more immersive. I’m betting just those two factors, while pretty straight-forward in concept, will be enough to take the Diablo series to the next level.

I’m not expecting too much innovation in the rest of the formula (e.g. loot, mechanics, story, randomness, etc…), though. But that’s OK with me. :)

I kind of think of D3 as a continuation of D2 rather than a separate game, kind of like the new, bigger LOD expansion. :) I don't know if it will blow me away, but if it's just *as* good as D2, I'll be pretty much okay with that.

Judging from many of the screens, it looks like they are going for more 'realism' in their art direction, which would certainly be a big change given the atmosphere that Diablo has always worked so hard at perfecting. (and succeeding)

I find it next to impossible to play d2 anymore since the graphics look like crap now. Its very hard on the eyes.

I find it next to impossible to play d2 anymore since the graphics look like crap now. Its very hard on the eyes.

I feel like that just as I begin playing. But if I can make it through an hour of gameplay, I no longer "see" the graphics. The graphics are just symbols for the great gameplay.:D

I feel the same way - it takes me a while to adjust to the old graphics, but after playing a while, I get hooked, and completely forget about the lousy graphics. This goes for all old classics (such as Might & Magic).

I tried D2LOD several days ago - the same feeling.

Plus, with an excellent muling mod/program (thanks to Margerette for this :) ), I even had some more fun playing, since my inventory wasn't that stuffed anymore. ;)

Back
Top Bottom