Deus Ex: Human Revolution - E3 Trailer, Interviews

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The full E3 trailer teased a while back has been released, with three minutes of CGI footage. I normally skip CGI stuff but I found this fairly compelling - have a look via RPS.
There are also interviews (about the trailer) at CVG and Eurogamer. Here's a snip from the latter:
Eurogamer: The combat looks stylish and frantic - can you talk a little about the encounters we're seeing there and how else they might look based on player choice?

Jean-Francois Dugas: On top of first-person shooting with a variety of weapons and upgrades, Deus Ex: Human Revolution features aggressive takedowns where the camera pulls back from first- to third-person in order to see the damage done.

We have tons of different takedowns, from lethal to non-lethal, and the outcome changes depending on what angle, or how many, of enemies you are attacking, in addition to the various levels of upgrades.

In the first two games, due to the nature of nano augmentations, you really couldn't see your character change as you upgraded them, but with our mechanical augmentations, and with our contextual third person camera, during combat you will really get to see some of your more brutal augmentations in action.
More information.

CGI WILL RULE DA FUTURE. HUMANITY WILL BE REPLACED BY HOLOGRAMS. REPENT!

Wait wait.. the SAME Eurogamer that has trouble doing proper PC game reviews over sarcastically moronic comments under thumbnails? Ooh this I have to see. *clicks*

EDIT: BTW, pretty much same preview is available over here (read the last question/answer) at Gamespot.

Back
Top Bottom