Chaos Chronicles

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
From the site:
Chaos Chronicles combines the traditional turn-based roleplaying games with a state-of-the-art graphic engine and a dense atmosphere.
We want to revive the classical western party-based fantasy RPGs of the eighties. Games like Phantasie, Pool of Radiance, Ultima, Wizardry, Bard’s Tale were part of our childhood and now it’s time to create a new game offering the gaming experience that those excellent games already delivered back in those good ol’ days!
  • Back to the roots! Chaos Chronicles uses a turn-based fighting system (hexgrid!) that will put a smile on the face of every fan of traditional RPGs
  • Shoulder to shoulder! Up to five players can join forces to play through the complete campaign
  • Lush graphics meet old-school feeling! Chaos Chronicles combines a lavish look with the dense atmosphere of the Dungeon Crawlers of old.
  • Wanted: A new hero! A comprehensive character editor ensures that every player can build his very own hero.
  • Travelling becomes retro-epic: A world map allows travelling like in good old times, as role playing games were still role playing games
More information.

I'm the type of person that doesn't like to feel anxious. But reading all of this, makes me feel so damn anxious.

I really look forward to playing this. An RPG that reminds me of the good and old original RPGS' combined with better graphics, but being faithful to the oldies goldies mechanics.

I hope this RPG may become one of the best rpgs made out there.

Best of luck, and I'll be here waiting for this amazing release.

The latest post on the Chaos Chronicles website announces that they found a forum for their community… which is hosted by RPGCodex! :D

That's like setting up a fireworks factory in Iraq. Those poor, poor people…

An RPG that reminds me of the good and old original Desiccant silica gel supplier' combined with better graphics, but being faithful to the oldies goldies mechanics.

Where can I buy this RPG ? Is it rather an action-RPG, or rather turn-based ? Does it contain NPC interaction ?

Has anyone heard anything about CC recently? Is it ultimately dead now?

Since half of Coreplay's site is dead, you should check on their official forum.
Of a sort. It's on codex and I'm not reading/posting any links to that site. :evilgrin:

Well based on the RPGCodex forum a former developer of Coreplay posted the developer is now closed. So yes I fear the game is as good as gone if you factor in the legal nonsense.:mad:
Coreplay is shutting down, that's what we do. But at least we tried to make a true cRPG.
Follwed by this in reply to another question.
I lost my company, I lost my most favorite project, I lost a lot of money, I lost all the time and energy I'd invested into CC during the last 3 years (beside my regular time, I worked on it almost every weekend).

Last edited:
Well the reality is no matter the level of game from indie to AAA all games require at design a serious thought on budget and funds you can have to support it and sells that could be planned to get the refund.

But yeah it's bad to see a dream vanished and weird to think all the work already done is going to never been used.

That's a true shame .... Even the petition of getting 1000 signatures was not successful. I really wanted to pre-order this game. No offense Larian Studios, but this project was more interesting from my point of view than Original Sin - looked like it had dark atmosphere and very interesting combat. It's such a shame that even Kickstarter can't help them. But losing three years of your time and heaps of money and friends and your dream project - that's totally bad....

Back
Top Bottom