South Park RPG - First Screenshot @ AllGamesBeta

In the name of all holly universe! What...abomination of a game is this?
Oh,why Obsidian!? Why?!
I can imagine BioWare can make this game. :)
But Obsidian? Crazy world we live in. :)

In the name of all holly universe! What…abomination of a game is this?
Oh,why Obsidian!? Why?!
I can imagine BioWare can make this game. :)
But Obsidian? Crazy world we live in. :)

Were you expecting it to not look like the TV show?

The screens look great to me.

If they're up for Dungeon Siege I don't know why they wouldn't be up for this type of licensing game.

As a non-flagship independent AAA studio, Obsidian has to work for it's living, getting work from this or that publisher with this or that license.

Ever since Bioware became a 'flagship' studio they haven't had to do licensing off other properties. With the exception of The Old Republic (but that one is in their advantage, since yielded them a built-in fanbase, something original IP mmo's don't have, but I digress).

I think it's gonna be a great game, for what it is. It's not gonna be the next New Vegas or the next Mask of the Betrayer.

But it will bring in money to keep the lights on and give them the posibility to someday make something as great as MotB or New Vegas, but then as their own IP.

I'll reckon it's gonna be a larger, better executed and deeper Costume Quest-like RPG.

(In all honesty, based on mechanics it's probably a JRPG-like game and the Obsidian link is the only thing keeping it on RPGwatch.)

I think it's gonna be a great game, for what it is. It's not gonna be the next New Vegas or the next Mask of the Betrayer.

Scratch that. It could be a better game than either of those as long as I let go of the preconception that a JRPG combat style game by definition can never rival it's western cousins.

Scratch that. It could be a better game than either of those as long as I let go of the preconception that a JRPG combat style game by definition can never rival it's western cousins.

Personally I have never really had a particular problem with JRPG combat. I just never got into the stories and art style.

The last turn-based RPG I played was probably Ultima 3, but I seem to recall enjoying it quite a bit. DA:O and DA2 were also essentially turn-based experiences for me as I paused frequently and micromanaged every party member.

So... Can we at least expect them to do a Fallout spinoff (or at least something that will allow them to showcase what they really excel in, i.e. writing) after they are done with the toons ?
:-/

Were you expecting it to not look like the TV show?

The screens look great to me.

The screens are OK. I like the series even. All seasons are good but the season 15.
It is just the idea of making it a RPG. Who does that?
As I said, BioWare could,imho.
And who will even play it?
Some 10 year old kids?
Maybe I am too skeptical. It could be a good game.
But again, the very idea of making a South Park RPG (by Obsidian) for me is
too odd.

As a fan of both South Park and Obsidian, I can't help getting a bit excited about this. But I'm also prepared to be very disappointed. :)

I'll buy this if Obsidian promises to make a Cthulu old west rpg or some other unique rpg and it needs some depth in dialog, story, and gameplay. (I'll suffer though)

PS. The only episode of South Park I liked (or could even stand) was the WoW episode.

I'll buy this if Obsidian promises to make a Cthulu old west rpg
+ 1 and I'll buy two copies if they promise to make a Steampunk RPG in the vein of Arcanum (I'd probably buy 10 if they made an Ars Magica based one but I'll probably have to write that one myself to ever see it done :) )

The game will probably focus on the south park humour so I think is all come down to if you like the series or not, if you do then you'll probably like the game if you don't then maybe not so much.

Screens looks interesting but some video footage will tell more ones it come out, I just hope the don't cheap out on the south park blood and gore.

Not my graphics style at all. I won't buy it, because I just wouldn't be able to stomach it.

I wouldn't be the first time I do this - or not reading comics because I just don't like the graphics style. Sometimes, it is just a matter of taste ...

Looks exactly like South Park, which is what I'd expect.

I'll pass on this thank you. Still I'm interested in what there next unannounced project will be instead of this.

Keeping fingers crossed that this makes so much money it will let Obsidian make an RPG based in the Fading Suns universe. Sadly since I don't know too many people who've heard of that RPG, that might just be delusional wishful thinking on my part. Failing that I'll hope they use the money to hire a real QA and testing team.

Oh also, I guess I'll hope it will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom